Announcement: 2010-03-29

by Austin Ward,
    Senior editor

SCHEDULE FOR MARCH 29-APRIL 6, 2010

MONDAY | Spring Break
    Varsity baseball at Fowler Easter Classic vs. Coalinga ? Fowler JV Field ? 2:30 p.m.

TUESDAY | Spring Break
    Varsity baseball at Fowler Easter Classic ? TBA

WEDNESDAY | Spring Break

THURSDAY | Spring Break

FRIDAY | Spring Break

MONDAY | April 5
    No school
    FMCMEA jazz auditions ? Buchanan High School ? TBA

TUESDAY | Chapel Schedule A
    School resumes
    HS/JH combined chapel ? GZ Main ? 9:35 a.m.
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:45 p.m.
    Golf at WSL-9 hole ? Riverside ? 2 p.m.
    Boys’ tennis at Dos Palos High School ? Dos Palos ? 3:30 p.m.

LOCKS OF LOVE CHARITY
    Locks of Love is a public non-profit organization that provides hairpieces to financially disadvantaged children who suffer from long-term medical hair loss from any diagnosis. If interested in committing to growing your hair and donating to Locks of Love, see Mrs. Nakashian in Room 601. The goal for hair cutting is at the end of the school year (May 2010) or the beginning of the new school year (August 2010).

The criteria for hair donation are as follows:
    1. Donated hair must be 10 inches or longer.
    2. Hair that is permed or colored is acceptable but the hair may not be bleached, chemically damaged or overprocessed.
    3. Hair must be in the form of a clean, dry ponytail or braid. Dreadlocks are not accepted.

SADIES AT MAGIC MOUNTAIN
    Student leadership has announced that Sadie Hawkins will be held at Magic Mountain, April 10. Tickets cost $50, which covers travel expenses and all park entry fees. Lunch and dinner also will be provided. A charter bus will leave campus at 9 a.m. and return at 12 midnight.

The Hallelujah Jubilee Christian Music Festival will be taking place in the amusement park on the same day, featuring bands such as Relient K, Thousand Foot Krutch, and Britt Nicole. Admission to these concerts is included in the ticket price.

For more information, read the March 19 article, Sadies to feature amusement park excursion, and contact student leadership advisers Robin Whitford and Robert Foshee.

GOLD CROWN WINNER
    The Feather Online received a Gold Crown award from the Columbia Scholastic Press Association at its 86th annual Spring National Convention, March 17-19.

The Gold Crown is the highest award given by the CSPA, with the Silver Crown ranking second. The Feather is among 11 Gold Crown winners from 1,558 Crown Award entrants. This award is the second online Crown for The Feather, which won a Silver Crown in 2009.

Congratulations to the editors Suzanna Quiring and Austin Ward, the Webmaster David Casuga, its staff, and to Greg Stobbe, the adviser.

For more information, read the March 19 article, The Feather earns Gold Crown.

CSF T-SHIRTS
    The CSF T-shirts are in. If you ordered one, give your payment of $12 to Mrs. Regnerus in the high school office. After the payment is received, Mrs. Sargent will deliver the T-shirt you ordered.

LIT MAG SUBMISSIONS
    Students involved in the literary magazineare accepting any and all submissions. Anything from a movie critique to a scratchboard will be accepted. Submissions must be turned in to Mrs. Sargent or senior Jessa Searles before spring break (March 27-April 5).

ATTN: ALL STUDENTS
    Please note that NO FOOD OR DRINKS are to be delivered to students in class. If food/drinks are delivered, the teachers are to have the student delivering the food bring the item(s) down to the high school office. The student delivering the food will receive discipline from the principal and the food/drinks will be kept to be picked up during the morning break, lunch or after school. This policy applies to Periods 1 through 8.

FC UNDERGROUND DEBUTS
    While a daily audio/visual news program has been a part of the FC community in the past, The Feather Online debuts a new version of FC Underground as the spring semester kicks into gear. Be sure to check out the new Feather feature each week by clicking on the FC Underground icon on the right menu bar.

LOST AND FOUND
    Three days into the new semester and the lost and found table is already full. There are about a dozen sweat jackets, a blanket, a backpack, girl’s knit sweaters and cap, and some textbooks and binders. If any student has misplaced anything, check the lost and found table in Building 6, across from the restrooms.

Also note that, this year, the lost and found table will be cleared on a weekly basis.

GYM REFINISHED
    The FCS gym floor has been refinished. Please note that the gym doors to the foyer and into the gymnasium will now be locked, except for events taking place in the gym.

All music students are required to enter and exit the music suite from the door on the east side of the building, not through the foyer.

All P.E. and strength and conditioning students are to use the locker room doors and enter the locker rooms from the rear access doors. Students are ONLY to use the rear locker room doors when they are leaving and returning to Building 6; they are NOT to walk through the gym and leave by the front door.

This new procedure will be enforced immediately.

COMMENTS ON THE FEATHER
    The Feather Online (www.thefeather.com) staff would appreciate those who read their articles, view pictures or watch slideshows to send feedback to the staff in the comment section at the end of the article or photo. These comments help the staff focus and improve their journalism skills.

LUNCH ON RAINY DAYS
    Lunch will be eaten in Rooms 602 and 604 instead of in the GZ Quad on days when it rains.

CSF TUTORING PROGRAM
    CSF is sponsoring a free tutoring program for high school, junior high and elementary students. CSF members will be offering one free tutoring session per week during free time: lunch, after school or a study hall. Mat and English, of all levels, are available for tutoring. If interested, sign up in front of the high school office or contact CSF adviser Molly Sargent or Suzanna Quiring for more information.

GIRLS’ BIBLE STUDY
    Beginning Monday, Sept. 21, Coach Jennifer Tatum will be facilitating a Bible study for the junior and senior girls during lunch in room 601. It’s going to be a very exciting time of growth in the Lord. Students should bring their lunches and come as quickly as possible.

DRESS CODE
    Principal Bennet has initiated a new rule for dress code. Boys are not allowed to wear baseball hats in the building at all; they may wear them outside the building only.

GROUND ZERO ACCESS
    Reminder: Fresno Christian students are not allowed in the Ground Zero building at any time without permission or for planned campus activities. Please especially note that the GZ cafe is not a shortcut to GZ main for Tuesday chapel. On Tuesday morning the GZ cafe is being used by another organization for their activity. Off limits applies also to the GZ bathroom facilities.

VIDEOS ON THE FEATHER
    Videos will now will be embedded into articles on The Feather. To view the videos, scroll to the bottom of an article. Current articles with video include New director pursues excellence and Quarterback refines mental game. However, due to server restrictions, they cannot be viewed on campus. The volleyball sport shorts also has a video on Jessika Searles at the bottom.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

MARCH
    March 27-April 5 ? Spring Break

APRIL
    April 6 ? School resumes after Spring Break
    April 10 ? Sadie Hawkins
    April 21 ? Half-day schedule

MAY
    May 5 ? AP Calculus AB test
    May 6 ? AP English Lit. & Comp. test
    May 7 ? AP US History test
    May 10 ? AP Biology test
    May 12 ? AP English Language & Comp. test
    May 12 ? Half-day schedule
    May 17, 18, 19 ? Senior finals
    May 20-22 ? Senior trip to SoCal
    May 27 ? FCHS graduation & reception
    May 28 ? Last day of school