Announcement: 2013-11-22

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR NOVEMBER 22

By Emily Ladd, Writer.

PLAN TO TAKE THE PLAN TEST
    Students who have signed up to take the PLAN test (practice for the ACT), are reminded that the test is Dec. 4 at 8 a.m. in the PC Gym. Please plan to arrive no later than 7:50 a.m. Please bring two No. 2 pencils. There are still a few spots left to take the PLAN for any interested students in 9th, 10th, and 11th grade.

MOMS IN PRAYER
    K-12 moms are invited to pray for the students and school with the prayer group, meeting every Friday morning from 8-9 a.m. in Peoples Church, Rm. 204. Come be a part of this vital ministry! Questions? Call Janet Moore 448-0947

MISSION TRIP FUNDRAISER
    Clovis EV Free Church is holding a fundraiser for a missions trip to the Dominican Republic, Nov. 30, 7-8 p.m. Alumni Brady Lee will be performing magic tricks for the viewers at the event. An optional offering will be taken at the end of the show.

ROUND THE TABLE CAROL SING
    FC’s elementary students and junior high choir are working on music for a wonderful combined program that will be presented in the FCS gym on Wednesday, December 11 at 5:30 p.m. FC’s high school vocal and instrumental students are hard at work memorizing their program selections as well.

This year’s Round the Table Carol Sing will take place, Dec. 12 with performances at 5:30 and 7:30 p.m. It will feature our high school Celebration Choir, Kingsmen Quartet, Adoration Ladies’ Ensemble, Jazz Band, and Percussion Ensemble. A large part of the success of this event depends on the physical setting we will create. Envision 30 round tables in the middle of the gym floor, streetlights with Christmas wreaths and bows lighting the room. The one hour-long musical program will feature a cookie and hot cider intermission break.

STUFFED ANIMALS FOR CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
    Student Leadership is collecting new stuffed animals to bring to children in Children’s Hospital Central California, Dec. 6. If you wish to donate, please bring a new stuffed animal to school and turn it in to Student Leadership.

FALL FESITVUS
    A night of Fall Fun will begin, Nov. 26, from 6:30-10 p.m. at the Beal’s House in Clovis on Bullard and Academy.
    The leadership class invites all HS students to a night of food, games, and movies. Tickets are $15.00, sold at lunch and in the HS office.

TOGETHER WE CAN
    FC has the privilege to help the families of Pinedale this holiday season and is asking for your help! We will be collecting canned food, Nov. 12-Dec. 6, to distribute through the Pinedale Book Buddies program. Campus students are already volunteering as Book Buddies and would like to continue FC’s support for their programs.

Delivery this year will help families by providing food for Christmas. Pinedale resource leaders put together a list of items most used in the community. Please make sure to check this list before you shop. There will be a prize awarded to the classes that bring the most items (1 prize for grades K-3, and 1 prize for grades 4-6). If you are interested in making a financial donation, please send cash/check to the office and designate “Food – Pinedale.” If you have any questions, please contact Rob Foshee at [email protected] or talk to your classroom teacher

Together we CAN food items needed:
    Bisquick (box)
    Chicken Broth (canned)
    Cookies (box)
    Dry Beans (bags)
    Gravy (can)
    Hot Chocolate (box)
    Jelly (plastic)
    Juice (plastic)
    Mashed Potatoes (box)
    Milk (canned)
    Peanut Butter (plastic)
    Pineapple (canned)
    Rice (bag)
    Stuffing Mix (box)
    Tomato Sauce (canned)
    Tuna (canned)
    Veggies (canned)

SECOND SPACE A CHRISTMAS CAROL
    Good Company Players 2nd Space Theatre their will present their production of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol, adapted by Romulus Linney, Nov. 1-Dec. 22. Sophomore Kiaya Hargis is performing in the play along with several of the group’s actors and veteran performers.
    For more information and photos of Hargis, visit the Good Company Players/2nd Space Theatre website or for reservations, call 559.266.0660.

CONVOY OF HOPE
    On Saturday, Nov. 23, 2013, area churches, businesses, and agencies will participate in the Convoy of Hope Fresno to give tangible hope to families living in situations of human need. You are invited to share in this united act of compassion by being a light to those in need. On this special day, at the Fresno Fairgrounds, thousands of guests from across our community will receive free groceries, prayer for personal needs, and free discipleship literature. Guests will also receive free health services, community services, live entertainment, lunch, games and activities for children, church follow-up and much more.

Volunteers Needed!
    The Fresno Convoy outreach will serve approximately 15,000 people in need on Saturday, November 23rd. We have several volunteer opportunities!

BOOK BUDDIES
    Book Buddies meet starting Oct. 31 and will continue to meet every other Thursday. Please meet by Robert Foshee’s room to eat lunch before leaving. Book Buddies take a bus to Pinedale to read to the younger students. You can read last year’s article on Book Buddies here.

BASKETBALL TEAM MANAGERS NEEDED
    The FC boys Basketball program is looking for two team managers for the upcoming season. These individuals would be responsible for keeping stats and filming for the varsity team. A third person would be helpful for the JV team as well. Managers will receive team gear, travel with the team and be with them during their playoff run. If interested, please give your name to the HS office.

BACKPACKS AND SPORTS BAGS
    Do not leave any backpacks or sports bags at the end of or near the stairs. This causes a hazard to people walking up and around the stairs. Speak to Mick Fuller as to where you can keep the sports bags.

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches are always provided for the cost of $6.
    Monday – No lunch Scheduled
    Tuesday – JH Lunch: Teriyaki Don, Teriyaki chicken over rice, eggiest and drink
    Wednesday – Farmer Boys: Cheeseburger w/ Fries, Dessert, & choice of: soda or water
    Thursday – No lunch scheduled
    Friday – No lunch scheduled

CHAPEL SPEAKERS NEEDED
    Want to tell your story of how God is working in your life? The leadership chapel group is looking for someone to be in the next chapel video. The video will be shown during a Thursday or Tuesday chapel. Contact Robert Foshee or Annalise Rosik for more information. Foshee can be reached at [email protected]

THE VAULT, POWERSCHOOL
    To access the vault, students use their first and last name, with a space in between as the username. The password is each student’s ID number. If a student does not know their ID number, see Vickey Belmont in the high school office.

To access PowerSchool, student use the same login, but without a space between their first and last name in the username.

WANNA TRAVEL TO PARIS IN JUNE, 2014?
    Journalism adviser Greg Stobbe is leading a 10-day educational tour to Paris, France, next summer. If you want to visit Europe next summer, he has an itinerary published, outlining each day’s activities. Stobbe has room for a few more students and parents on the custom trip scheduled to leave in June 2014. He already has 13 travelers signed up. For more information, talk to Mr. Stobbe or email him at [email protected].

PUBLICATIONS CLASSES NEED YOUR HELP
    After a successful past eight years of covering campus events, The Feather Online, in need of more staff to cover video, photos, slideshows and other multimedia events. Please contact editor-in-chief Tynin Fries or adviser Greg Stobbe for more information. Join one of the top online daily newspapers in the United States.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    International students that would like help with English can receive help from senior Jason Kim on Thursdays during lunch in room 627.

PRINTING IN OFFICE
    If students need to have papers printed from the high school office, they need to leave their flashdrive in the tray on Vickey Belmont’s desk. The paper will be printed when there is time for the office staff or aides.

MUSICIANS NEEDED
    Percussion needs more players – Percussion Ensemble meets 4th period. It counts either as a music elective or as PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Men’s Ensemble is auditioning for some more singers – The Kingsmen meet 3rd period. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Are you interested in learning how to play and sing in a worship band? Worship 101 is a class that will help you grow in technology and music leadership. This is a 1st period class. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information. Colorguard Flag Team needs more members – Colorguard meets 1st period. It counts as a PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.

ATTENTION: CLUBS AND ATHLETIC COACHES
    If you would like to raise funds for your clubs or teams by selling lunch at school, contact Vickey Belmont in the high school office at 559-299-1695.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter and our Instagram.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @theFeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @FCSMusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER
    Nov. 21 to Dec. 22 — Second Space’s A Christmas Carol
    Nov. 23 — Convoy of Hope
    Nov. 25 — Brother to Brother off campus lunch
    Nov. 26 — Fall Fesitvus
    Nov. 27-Dec. 1 — Thanksgiving Break

Dec. 4 — PLAN test (practice for ACT)
    Dec. 6 — Stuffed animals to Children’s Hospital
    Dec. 7 — SAT testing
    Dec. 7 — Downton Clovis Christmas parade
    Dec. 11 — Half day
    Dec. 12 — ‘Round the Table Carol Sing’ Music Department program
    Dec. 13 — Half day
    Dec. 13-Jan. 6 — Christmas break
    Dec. 20-21 — Garces Soccer Tournament
    Dec. 27 — SAT sign up for Jan. 25 test

CLUB MEETINGS
    Tuesday — Science Club, Spanish Club every other.
    Wednesday — Debate team
    Thursday — Book Buddies