Coast coaxes hundreds to beach

As the annual beach trip draws near, students prepare to put their books away and head to Cayucos in support of the football team on Oct. 26.

On the day of the trip, students must attend their first and second period classes; after which they will be excused to board the bus at 10 A.M.

“I have never gone on the beach trip before,” Aaron Kroeker, ’10, said. “I am going this year because it sounds like fun. I am looking forward to the watching the game and supporting our team. I am also looking forward to hanging out with my friends. As I look back on last year I am disappointed in myself for not going.”

In order to ensure a seat on the rooter bus students must sign up, turn in the permission slip and pay the $30 fee, which includes bus fare and game entry.

“The best part of the beach trip is bonding with my friends,” Rachel Balint, ’08, said. “We share lots of memories together and a lot of inside jokes. We also like to take lots of pictures.”

After the group travels down to Cayucos, students will be allowed free time to eat lunch, walk around the town and participate in activities on the beach.

“I am going to the beach trip this year because it sounds fun,” Tyler Haritzalde, ’11, said. “I am also going because my friends are going and it is something for me to do there than go to school. I want to participate in the activities that we will have on the beach.”

At 4:30 P.M. students will leave the beach and travel to Coast Union High, where they will stay for both the JV and varsity games. The buses will then leave at 10 P.M. to return back to campus around 1 A.M.

“I think going to the football game is a good way to support our teams,” Melissa O’Leary, ’10, said. “I think it pushes the players to work harder when they know their peers are watching them.”

Faculty encourages student attendance on the trip, to support the football team and to develop relationships with classmates.

“Going on the beach trip is a good way to support our school,” Josh Tosland, leadership adviser, said. “We are a small enough school where we can do events like this that create more relationships with our students.”

For a personal account of the upcoming beach trip to Cayucos, go to The Feather’s video section and watch the Beach trip promo and/or listen to Claire’s Corner podcast.