Queens bash competition

The annual homecoming tradition of the queen pageant provided the five queen candidates numerous opportunities to garner votes from the student body at Ground Zero on Oct. 16.

The five queen candidates: Claire Kister, Lorin Weskamp, Ellie Wilhelm, Samantha Krikorian and Kara Linkowski, battled for supremacy as they were tested mentally and physically.

“I really like the relay because you wouldn’t normally see the queens doing these activities,” Peter Yang, ’09, said. “They did really crazy things and I enjoyed the extra long lunch.”

In addition to the video which candidates bashed other potential queens, they stacked card and answered questions about the kings for a mental test.

Unlike previous years, the princesses joined the queens during the rally to make an appearance.

“It was funny because all of the queens were enthusiastic in putting each other down,” Jenna Reed, ’09, said. “They really got into character and Claire had the best bash against Ellie because she used leaving school and coming back as an insult along with making fun of her height.”

For their physical challenge, the queens along with the princess candidates ran a gauntlet of trials as they crawled and ate their way to victory.

The queen candidates were caught on tape bashing each other as well. Click on videos in the menu bar in order to watch the fun.

“We were freaking out because we thought we had to eat something really nasty,” Wilhelm said. “I felt bad for the princesses because they were the ones that had to eat the stuff.”

The king candidates will present their dance in the annual pageant, the same day as homecoming, on Oct. 19.