Announcement: 2010-09-07

WEEKLY SCHEDULE FOR SEPT. 7-10

TUESDAY
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    Brother to Brother ? Room 629 ? 12:40 p.m.

WEDNESDAY
    Calvin Crest counselor training ? Room 629 ? 7:15 a.m.
    Westmont College rep. ? Room 621 ? 9 a.m.
    Lunch ? GZ Quad ? 12:35 p.m.
    CSF meeting ? Room 621 ? 12:40 p.m.

THURSDAY
    Chapel ? GZ Main ? 12:10 p.m.
    Spanish Club meeting ? Room 623 ? 12:40 p.m.

FRIDAY
    Lunch ? GZ Main ? 12:35 p.m.

SPANISH CLUB MEETING
    The first Spanish Club meeting of the school year will be at lunch on Thursday, Sept. 9, in Room 603. Everyone who is currently enrolled or has taken a Spanish class before is welcome to attend. Returning members: please wear the club T-shirt.

If you are interested in joining Spanish Club, come ready to listen to what the club is all about and to fill out a membership form. Look for reminders around the building.

BEACH TRIP
    The Cayucos beach trip for the game against Coast Union is on Oct. 1, from 10-1 a.m. The cost is $25 per person. Sign up in the high school office. You MUST pay when you sign up. There is limited space on the bus, so sign up soon!

MILITARY ACADEMY INFO
    Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of the military academies (tuition-free, if you are admitted!) should attend Congressman George Radanovich’s Academy Information Night, Sept. 28, at 6:30 p.m.

The once-a-year event will be at the Stanislaus County Ag Center “Harvest Hall,” 3800 Cornucopia Way, in Modesto. Representatives from all the Service Academies ? Navy, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, Air Force and West Point ? will be present to answer questions. For more information and to RSVP, contact Donna Dami at 209.579.5458 or e-mail [email protected].

COLLEGE NIGHT
    The 27th Annual Fresno Area College Night will be held on Wednesday, Sept. 8, from 6-9 p.m., at the new downtown Convention Center Exhibit Hall. This event gives students and their parents an opportunity to speak to representatives from more than 100 colleges, as well as to attend sessions on college admissions and financial aid, among others. Admission is free.

CHRISTIAN COLLEGE FAIR
    The annual NACCAP Christian College Fair will be at Buchanan High School, Sept. 21, from 6-9 p.m. More than 30 Christian colleges from around the country will be in attendance. But before you go, check out our own Christian College Fair during lunch in the GZ Quad on Sept. 21. A dozen colleges are scheduled to attend; plan on stopping by and gathering information about the many top-quality Christian colleges that will be represented. Ask your English teacher about extra credit!

SMITTCAMP SCHOLARS
    Juniors and seniors who are interested in applying for a President’s Scholarship at California State University, Fresno, through the Smittcamp Family Honors College should plan to attend one of the two Honors Information Days scheduled for Sept. 18, and Sept. 25, at the Satellite Student Union at Fresno State. Seniors who have a minimum GPA of 3.6 are eligible; visit the website at honors.csufresno.edu for a comprehensive view of the benefits of this special program and for scheduling times.

YEARBOOK MEMBERS NEEDED
    The school is looking for members for the high school yearbook staff. All positions are open. You do not need to be in the class to join. Please see Mrs. Mendoza in Room 602 for details.

COLOR GUARD SIGNUPS
    This season’s band and color guard are looking for new faces. No experience is needed. They will work with your schedule. If interested, contact Mr. Ogdon in the Music Suite or Ms. Miranda for more information.

PARKING PASSES
    Parking passes for the high school lot are now available. In order to obtain yours, first get the parking pass form from Mrs. Sargent. Fill it out, then take it to Mrs. Regnerus in the high school office with the $10 semester fee and your California driver’s license.

You will not be issued a pass if you do not show your license when turning in the form and money. Students with parking passes may park in the main Alluvial lot and in the slots adjacent to the gym. Starting Aug. 30, vehicles that do not have a parking pass will be cited and possibly towed.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

SEPTEMBER
    Sept. 8 ? Fresno Area College Night
    Sept. 17 ? First season football game vs. Strathmore at home
    Sept. 21 ? Christian College Fair
    Sept. 24 ? Grandparents Day
    Sept. 28 ? Military Academy Information Night

OCTOBER
    Oct. 1 ? Cayucos beach trip
    Oct. 13 ? PSAT administered
    Oct. 18-22 ? Homecoming

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 17 ? PLAN administered