Announcement: 2014-03-10

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR MARCH 10-15

By Emily Ladd, Writer.

DINING TO DONATE AT APPLEBEE’S TONIGHT
    Join FC at Applebee’s March 10, 4-9 p.m. to help raise money for Fresno Christian Schools. The Applebee’s at 7007 N. Cedar Ave. will donate 20% of your bill to FCS. Purchase a meal, feed your family and support the School. PLEASE PRINT THE FLYER in the article and bring to Applebee’s tonight.

CAREER DAY
    Career Day this year will be held Wednesday, March 19. Just like in previous years FC will have a half day of school followed by the Career Fair from 12:30 p.m. to 3. Michelle Warkentin will be in student’s classes on Monday for them to sign up for the speaker presentations they are interested in hearing.

FELLOWSHIP FRIDAY
    Starting this Friday, February 28, an informal bible study will be held for whoever wants to come. Bring your bibles! The group will meet in Rm. 608
    For more information contact Kathryn Damschen.

SENIOR NAMED NATIONAL MERIT SCHOLAR
    Senior Daniel Moore has been nominated as a Finalist for the National Merit Scholarship Program. 15,000 students were promoted from the Semifinalist to Finalist standing. Between March and June, 8,000 of these students will be selected as National Merit Scholars to receive various scholarship awards (Merit scholarships are $2,500, however various college/corporation scholarships may also be awarded).

BRING YOUR OWN DEVICE TECHNOLOGY NIGHT
    Fresno Christian teachers and administration will have a lot of exciting things to share about the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) program, starting March 10.

Parents are invited to attend a Technology Information Night in the FC music suite, March 10 at 7 p.m. Technology Information Night will serve as a guidance to parents for the vision of BYOD. Head of technology department David Martens, wants parents to understand the plan of BYOD.

In order to make it easy for families to follow updates and announcements, we will send communication related to our BYOD program from a single source. We also want to provide a simple way for parents to ask questions, make comments, and voice concerns. To support those two goals, we have created a new email account: [email protected].

All announcements related to our BYOD program will come from this new email account, so keep your eyes peeled for updates from [email protected].

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns related to the BYOD program, please send an email to [email protected].

We look forward to partnering with you as we pursue our vision for technology at Fresno Christian Schools.

JOURNALISM CONVENTION
    Twenty Feather staff members are traveling to NYC on March 16-22 to attend the Columbia Scholastic Press Association annual journalism convention. There they will attend seminars and give presentations to members of other high school newspaper’s staff and their advisers. The Feather has already one a Silver Crown and will discover whether they are a top five newspaper during the awards presentation.

MOMS IN PRAYER
    K-12 moms are invited to pray for the students and school with the prayer group, meeting every Friday morning from 8-9 a.m. in Peoples Church, Rm. 204. Come be a part of this vital ministry! Questions? Call Janet Moore 448-0947

BACKPACKS AND SPORTS BAGS
    Do not leave any backpacks or sports bags at the end of or near the stairs. This causes a hazard to people walking up and around the stairs. Speak to Mick Fuller as to where you can keep the sports bags.

LUNCH MENU
    Monday – No lunch scheduled; Sister to Sister off campus lunch
    Tuesday – JH Leadership; Chick-Fil-A, chicken sandwich, fries, water
    Wednesday -china Bistro: Teriyaki Chicken over rice, dessert, Peach tea/water
    Thursday -Pizza,salad, water
    Friday – No lunch scheduled

CHAPEL SPEAKERS NEEDED
    Want to tell your story of how God is working in your life? The leadership chapel group is looking for someone to be in the next chapel video. The video will be shown during a Thursday or Tuesday chapel. Contact Robert Foshee or Annalise Rosik for more information. Foshee can be reached at [email protected]

THE VAULT, POWERSCHOOL
    To access the vault, students use their first and last name, with a space in between as the username. The password is each student’s ID number. If a student does not know their ID number, see Vickey Belmont in the high school office.

To access PowerSchool, student use the same login, but without a space between their first and last name in the username.

WANNA TRAVEL TO PARIS IN JUNE, 2014?
    Journalism adviser Greg Stobbe is leading a 10-day educational tour to Paris, France, next summer. If you want to visit Europe next summer, he has an itinerary published, outlining each day’s activities. Stobbe has room for a few more students and parents on the custom trip scheduled to leave in June 2014. He already has 13 travelers signed up. For more information, talk to Mr. Stobbe or email him at [email protected].

PUBLICATIONS CLASSES NEED YOUR HELP
    After a successful past eight years of covering campus events, The Feather Online, in need of more staff to cover video, photos, slideshows and other multimedia events. Please contact editor-in-chief Tynin Fries or adviser Greg Stobbe for more information. Join one of the top online daily newspapers in the United States.

INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
    International students that would like help with English can receive help from senior Jason Kim on Thursdays during lunch in room 627.

PRINTING IN OFFICE
    If students need to have papers printed from the high school office, they need to leave their flashdrive in the tray on Vickey Belmont’s desk. The paper will be printed when there is time for the office staff or aides.

MUSICIANS NEEDED
    Percussion needs more players – Percussion Ensemble meets 4th period. It counts either as a music elective or as PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Men’s Ensemble is auditioning for some more singers – The Kingsmen meet 3rd period. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.
    Are you interested in learning how to play and sing in a worship band? Worship 101 is a class that will help you grow in technology and music leadership. This is a 1st period class. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information. Colorguard Flag Team needs more members – Colorguard meets 1st period. It counts as a PE credit. See Music Director Michael Ogdon for more information.

ATTENTION: CLUBS AND ATHLETIC COACHES
    If you would like to raise funds for your clubs or teams by selling lunch at school, contact Vickey Belmont in the high school office at 559-299-1695.

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter and our Instagram.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @theFeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @FCSMusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER
    March 13 — Half Day, Career Fair
    March 15 — Cycling club ride
    March 16-22 — CSPA Journalism NYC trip
    April 9-12 — NSPA Journalism trip to San Diego
    April 14-21 — Easter Break
    May 22 — Graduation
    May 22 — Senior “Sober Grad Party” 9:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.

CLUB MEETINGS
    Tuesday — Science Club, Spanish Club every other, Cycling Club
    Wednesday — Debate team, lunch