Announcement: 2010-09-28

SCHEDULE FOR SEPT. 27-OCT. 1 2010

TUESDAY
    Fall sports photo day in the FCS gym, Sept. 28. Students need to be dismissed 10 minutes before the scheduled time so they can change into their uniforms:

1:30 Varsity Volleyball
    1:45 JV Volleyball
    2:00 JH Volleyball-7th
    2:15 JH Volleyball-8th
    2:30 Cross Country
    2:45 Varisty Cheer
    3:00 JH Cheer
    3:15 Football

WEDNESDAY
    CSF-sponsored free tutoring beings ? Room 621? 3:15-4:15 p.m.

FRIDAY
    Annual beach trip to Cayucos, Cambria ? Busses leave campus 10 a.m, returning 1:15 a.m. Students are required to attend first and second period.

COCA-COLA SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY
    Seniors who are “truly motivated, dedicated, and involved” should consider applying for one of the 250 scholarships Coca-Cola will award this year. Applying for the scholarship is easy–simply go online to www.coca-colascholars.org. The application deadline is Oct. 31. Coke is awarding $3 million in scholarship money; don’t miss out!

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students are selling muffins, croissants, and vitamin water for sale every morning for $1 each, outside of Building 6 from 7:15 to 7:50 am. The effort is meant to raise money for instrumental and choral groups.

PLANETEERS MEETING
    The Planeteers Club will meet at lunch on Thursday, Sept. 30, in Room 601. All current and prospective members must attend this meeting. Remember that applications are due by Thursday as well. If you need an application, see Mrs. Nakashian any day before lunch or contact Ricky Lopez.

VOLLEYBALL INTRAMURALS
    Watch out for a special table set out for volleyball intramurals, Sept. 28-Sept. 31. Please note the following rules/limitations:

* No football players can play but can coach
    * Teams of three
    * One volleyball girl per team
    * At least one girl per team
    * Games are at lunch
    * Sign-ups in front of office

The top eight teams will play for the Championship during the Cayucos Beach Trip, Oct. 1.

BEACH TRIP
    The Cayucos beach trip for the game against Coast Union is on Oct. 1. Busses leave campus at 10 and will return about 1 a.m. The cost is $25 per person. Sign up in the high school office. You MUST pay when you sign up. There is limited space on the bus, so sign up soon!

CSF MEETING
    There will be a California Scholastic Federation (CSF) meeting Monday, Sept. 27, at lunch in Room 621 for all CSF members. Please be prompt ? the meeting will not take longer than 15 minutes. The club will discuss the upcoming CSF college visitation trip. Please see adviser Molly Sargent in Room 621 at lunch for final planning.

Additionally, beginning Sept. 29, CSF will offer free tutoring for any junior high or high school student who needs it in any subject. Tutoring will be offered every Wednesday after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621. You don’t need to sign up or tell anyone you are coming ? just show up! It doesn’t matter if you need help with one math problem on one assignment or you need regular tutoring every week. Our goal is to meet as many academic needs as possible.

HOMECOMING COURT 2010
    After each class voted for homecoming court on Sept. 16, the student leadership team announced the nominees on Sept. 17. The candidates are as follows:

Freshman Princesses:
    Elora Hargis
    Annaleah Madison
    Ileana See

Sophomore Princesses:
    Stefani Peck
    Rachel Quiring
    Madeleine Yee

Junior Princesses:
    Allison Camden
    Morgan Childs
    Darlene Idsinga

Senior King Candidates:
    Zach Camden
    Alex Campama
    Andrew Evans
    Josiah Ford
    Danny Ibarra

Senior Queen Candidates:
    Madison Dooley
    Cassidy Hutchins
    Mary Reynolds
    Kory Thompson
    Jenna Yee

MILITARY ACADEMY INFO
    Juniors and seniors interested in attending one of the military academies (tuition-free, if you are admitted!) should attend Congressman George Radanovich’s Academy Information Night, Sept. 28, at 6:30 p.m.

The once-a-year event will be at the Stanislaus County Ag Center “Harvest Hall,” 3800 Cornucopia Way, in Modesto. Representatives from all the Service Academies ? Navy, Coast Guard, Merchant Marine, Air Force and West Point ? will be present to answer questions. For more information and to RSVP, contact Donna Dami at 209.579.5458 or e-mail [email protected].

PARKING PASSES
    Parking passes for the high school lot are now available. In order to obtain yours, first get the parking pass form from Mrs. Sargent. Fill it out, then take it to Mrs. Regnerus in the high school office with the $10 semester fee and your California driver’s license.

You will not be issued a pass if you do not show your license when turning in the form and money. Students with parking passes may park in the main Alluvial lot and in the slots adjacent to the gym. Starting Aug. 30, vehicles that do not have a parking pass will be cited and possibly towed.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER?

SEPTEMBER
    Sept. 28 ? Military Academy Information Night in Modesto

OCTOBER
    Oct. 1 ? Cayucos beach trip, football against Coast Union ? 10 a.m. – 1 a.m.
    Oct. 12 ? Chalk art competition at The Big Fresno Fair ? 8 a.m. – noon
    Oct. 13 ? PSAT administered
    Oct. 18-22 ? Homecoming week
    Oct. 20 ? San Joaquin Valley Town Hall ? Rick Steves at Saroyan Theatre ? 10:30 a.m.
    Oct. 22 ? Homecoming game vs. Fowler

NOVEMBER
    Nov. 17 ? PLAN administered
    Nov. 17 ? San Joaquin Valley Town Hall ? Richard Rodriguez at Saroyan Theatre ? 10:30 a.m.