Founders’ philosophy flourishes

Campus graduates can be found on Iraq’s front lines, in the governor’s office or as classroom teachers and executives in Fortune 500 companies. Alumni work as broadcast journalists, doctors, lawyers and serve as missionaries.

The philosophy intended by campus founders, the focus on character development and critical thinking is based on a biblical foundation. This mission develops independent thought and instills a service-minded attitude.

For 31 years, teachers have gifted students with tools to affect their world rather than exist as a product of it. Even the attention to a new building will not derail this campus’ philosophy: for education with a higher purpose.

Success and analytic ability consistently is demonstrated outside the classroom. Graduates of 2005 earned the highest SAT scores within central California.

Students accredit these academic achievements to the individual attention provided by instructors. Several faculty members continue the pursuit of excellence by spearheading extracurricular activities, which establish bonds and encourage involvement in various programs.

Tangible projects produce well-rounded individuals and extend beyond the community. Last year?s video productions department coordinated a program with the Fresno Police Department?s “Police Activities League” to provide technology and production instruction to students from schools across the Valley.

The journalism department perennially receives national recognition for both the online and hard copy editions.

The girls’ basketball team competed for the Valley title and challenged for state playoffs last year. The Lady Eagles continued their success by defeating many Clovis, Division I, schools in the Fall Jamboree crown during this year’s preseason.

These accomplishments motivate administration to grant more opportunities, such as golf and cross country, to increase diversity even while maintaining Christian principles.

Such experiences do not merely occupy time, but rather form a practical mindset for life after graduation. A purposeful education does not manufacture students of product, but individuals with a desire to learn.

The construction of a new building should not lead to questions regarding the ability to preserve this campus’ philosophy, but spread “the best kept secret in Fresno.”