Announcement: 2014-09-15

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR SEPT. 15-19

By Emily Ladd, writer.

SEE YOU AT THE POLE
    See You At The Pole will be Wednesday, Sept. 24. It will be in the SMC courtyard (where students have lunch,7-7:40 a.m. Students will gather together to worship and pray, joining alongside other students around the country, praying for their school, their city and their country. This year’s theme is from Ephesians 6:18 and is titled, “#NeverStopPraying.”

SAT AND ACT SCHEDULE
    The next SAT test will be on Oct. 11. Registration for that test date ends Sept. 12. If students register between Sept. 13-30, they will be charged a fee. Students may sign up for the test here. The next ACT test will be Oct. 25. Registration ends Sept. 19, with a late fee for Sept. 20-Oct. 3. Students may sign up for the test here. If students are looking for a test prep option, please contact Michelle Warkentin in the academic office or at [email protected] for more information.

FCS CHRISTIAN COLLEGE FAIR
    The annual FCS Christian College Fair will be held on Sept. 23 during the lunch, 12:35-1:15 p.m. This even is mandatory for all students grades 9-12. Students will have the opportunity to talk to college representatives from various private and public colleges and tech schools.

PSAT
    The PSAT will be offered at Fresno Christian on Oct. 15. The PSAT is mandatory for all juniors (pre-paid in tuition). The test is also recommended for all sophomores. Students may sign up in the high school office with Vickey Belmont. The fee for the test is $14. The deadline to sign up is Sept. 19.

SPORTS MEMBERSHIP PASSES
    The athletic deptartment will be selling FCS sports membership passes starting Sept. 2. Click here for more information. Individual passes: $125. Family passes (admits up to 4 people): $275. The passes are valid for FCS home football, basketball and volleyball games, excluding CIF foundation games and playoffs. Contact Jon Penberthy via email or phone at 299-1695, ext 108, for more information.

HIGH SCHOOL SPORTS
    Students interested in playing high school girls volleyball, girls tennis, or cross country please contact Mick Fuller for more information. Mick Fuller can be reached in the athletic office.

SPORT EVENTS DRESSCODE
    All school students must be in dress code at all school sports events, both on campus and at away games. Students who are out of dress code will be asked to change clothes and may be required to leave the event if they are unable to comply.

PHOTOJOURNALISM
    If anyone is interested in photography and has a free 3rd period please talk to Kori Friesen about joining Photojournalism. She can be contacted at [email protected].

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches may now be selected online. Go to the Fresno Christian website, select Campus News, and scroll down until the lunch menu is visible. Under the menu the option “Submit your lunch request” will appear. You may then select what you want for lunch!

Monday – No lunch scheduled
    Tuesday – No lunch scheduled
    Wednesday – No lunch scheduled
    Thursday -JH Leadership; Teriyaki Don, Teriyaki chicken over rice, dessert and drink
    Friday – HS Leadership; Pacifica Pizza, Personal pizza, drink

STUFF MART
    There will be no Stuff Mart this week, due to the eighth grade students being on a retreat at Calvin Crest.

Stuff Mart, the student store, is open every day during the 10 minute break. It is located at the south end of the top floor in building six. Snacks and some school supplies are available for a nominal cost. Check it out today!

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER AND INSTAGRAM
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter on Instagram and on Facebook.

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @theFeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @FCSMusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

DATES TO REMEMBER
    Sept. 15-19 — 8th Grade Calvin Crest retreat

Sept. 23 — Christian College fair on campus
    Sept. 24 — See You At the Pole

Oct. 3 — Grandparent’s Day
    Oct. 10 — End of the first quarter
    Oct. 11 — SAT test

Oct. 15 — PSAT test
    Oct. 25 — ACT test

Oct. 27-31 — Homecoming Week
    Oct. 31 — Homecoming game

Nov. 26-30 — Thanksgiving break