Announcement: 2011-02-05

SCHEDULE FOR FEB. 5-7, 2011

SATURDAY
    Academic Decathlon Objectives and Superquiz ? Clovis East High School ? 8 a.m.

MONDAY, FEB. 7.
    No school: Lincoln’s birthday observed

SPRING SPORTS SIGN-UPS
    Anyone interested in participating in track and field, softball and boys’ tennis should sign up outside of the Athletic Office.

CANDY GRAMS
    If you would like a way to tell a friend or family member that you appreciate them, then CJSF has a plan. The group is once again offering Candy Grams for $1. They will be sold at lunch from Feb. 1 through Feb. 10. You can also pick up forms from Mrs. Rojeski in Room 628. They will be delivered on Monday, Feb. 14.

CHOIR DRESSES NEEDED
    If you have a choir dress that you are no longer using, please consider donating it to the music department. The JH Ladies Ensemble is in need of several dresses for their upcoming festival season. Please bring your dress to Mrs. Ainley in the Music Suite. Thank you!

ADVENTURE PE/SKI CLUB
    The first Adventure PE/Ski Club extravaganza is on the calendar and set for Wednesday, Feb. 16. We will be participating in China Peak’s Educational Snowsports Program. The cost is $25 per student for a ski or snowboard lesson, equipment rental and a lift ticket. An additional $20-25, depending on the number of students who sign up, will be charged to pay for the charter bus, bringing the total cost to $45-50 per student. Lunch is available for $5. Sign up in the High School Office by Feb. 4 if you want to go. Think Snow!

PARKING PASSES
    Reminder: All students who have a first semester parking pass must renew it for second semester by Monday, Jan. 31. Give your $10 renewal fee to Mrs. Dooley in the High School Office. Beginning Feb. 1, students who have not renewed their pass will have it revoked.

NOTS TICKETS ON SALE
    Tickets for Night of the Stars will go on sale on Jan. 24, at lunch, at the south end of Building 6. The early bird cost of $50 will last for two weeks. After that, the price will be $55.

The cost includes dinner, dessert, movies and a facility downtown on the 10th floor of the Grand 1401. Don’t forget to check the dress code before choosing your wardrobe and to make an appointment for an interview if you’re inviting someone from a different school. You can go with groups of friends or as couples.

WSL TALENT SHOW
    Student leadership will hold tryouts for the West Sequoia League Talent Show during lunch on Jan. 25-27. The school is allowed two acts and one alternate to perform at FC and at other high schools. If you would like to showcase your talent, you must schedule a time with Mr. Foshee, leadership adviser.

FAFSA FOR SENIORS
    Every senior who is planning on attending college in the fall will be completing the FAFSA by March 2, 2011. In order to apply for financial aid, you must also submit a GPA Verification Form.

Fresno Christian will submit GPA verifications on behalf of every senior who has returned a signed Cal Grant GPA Information Release Form, which was given to seniors on Dec. 2. Students who do not turn in the release form to Mrs. Sargent will not have their GPAs submitted and, therefore, will be ineligible for financial aid consideration.

The following seniors have not turned in the Cal Grant GPA Information Release Form: Roman Avila, Abel Carreon, Stowe Empereur, Andrew Evans, Connor Gibes, Stephen Grimes, Kelsey Gunner, Dannilo Ibarra, Hannah Joseph, SK Kim, Brett Lewis, Jessica Massie, Maria Montejano, Dean Potigian, Zach Ragan, Seth Ramirez, Mary Reynolds, Megan Stewart, Bridget Teixeira, Kasey Thompson, Justin Wilson. Additional forms may be obtained from Mrs. Sargent and should be returned ASAP.

NOTICE: SCOOTERS NOT ALLOWED
    Scooters are not allowed on the Peoples Church campus or inside any buildings. The only places where scooters are allowed to be ridden are the parking lots. Violation of this rule will result in scooters being confiscated. Scooters will only be returned to parents.

CSF TUTORING
    If you ever need help with your school work, don’t forget to come to CSF tutoring on Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students continue to sell muffins, croissants and vitamin water every morning for $1 each. They are sold outside Building 6 from 7:15 to 7:50 a.m. The proceeds benefit instrumental and choral groups.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

FEBRUARY
    Feb. 7 — No school: Lincoln’s birthday observed
    Feb. 16 — Town Hall Lecture Series: Marin Alsop ? Saroyan Theatre
    Feb. 19 — Night of the Stars formal ? The Grand 1401
    Feb. 21 — No school: Presidents Day observed

MARCH
    March 12 — Annual Auction
    March 16 — Town Hall Lecture Series: Daniel Kammen ? Saroyan Theatre
    March 17 — St. Patrick’s Day
    March 23 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon
    March 24 — Graduation items delivered

APRIL
    April 1 — April Fool’s Day
    April 14-17 — JEA/NSPA National HS Journalism Convention ? Anaheim
    April 18-25 — Spring Break
    April 20 — Town Hall Lecture Series: Christopher Buckley ? Saroyan Theatre

MAY
    May 4 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon
    May 4-6 — AP Exams administered
    May 9-13 — AP Exams administered
    May 17-18 — Senior finals
    May 19-21 — Senior trip ? Los Angeles
    May 24-26 — Final exams
    May 25 — Graduation rehearsal
    May 25 — Senior awards chapel
    May 26 — Yearbook signing party ? Ground Zero
    May 26 — Commencement ? Peoples Church Sanctuary