Announcement: 2014-11-14

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR NOV. 10-NOV.14

By Katie Jacobson,writer

SCHEDULE FOR THIS WEEK
    Monday Schedule
    Tuesday — No school
    Wednesday Schedule
    Thursday Schedule
    Friday — Monday Schedule

HS FOOTBALL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME
    Our HS Football team will be playing Kings Christian HS in the CIFCS/CLS Championship game today, Nov. 14. The game will be held at Kings Christian HS in Lemoore at 7 p.m.

Ticket prices:
    Adults: $7
    Students: $5 (must have id card)

School’s address:
    900 E D St
    Lemoore, CA, 93245

GRANT JONES-WEIBE SHARES IN JH CLASS
    Grant Jones-Wiebe, son of two missionaries, will speak to Hallie Rojeski’s second period class. He was born in Nigeria and speaks the language. Wiebe currently lives in Fresno. He will speak to students about Nigerian culture and his time living there.

HS FALL SPORTS AWARDS
    The HS Fall Sports Awards Dessert Potluck will be next Monday, Nov. 17. The event will take place in SMC Main at 7 p.m.

CSPA HONORS FEATHER WITH DIGITAL CROWN, Nov. 10
    For the 7th year in a row, the Columbia Scholastic Press Association at Columbia University in New York City, has honored The Feather Online with one of 14 Digital Media Crowns as the best examples of scholastic media in the United States. The campus paper is assured of at least a Silver Crown and will be awarded either that or a Gold Crown at CSPA’s 91st annual Spring Scholastic Convention, March 18-20, 2015. Over 1,400 digital newspapers were eligible for the award which honors the top papers in the country, regardless of size, division or state. More information will follow in the months to come.

WORLD KINDNESS WEEK, Nov. 10-15
    As homecoming focus fades, consider renewing an effort to PAY IT FORWARD for World Kindness Week, Nov. 10-15. While Random Acts of Kindness Week is in February, this week is the fall edition which may help redirect student attention towards gratitude. Take the time to discuss in class, with peers, teachers or parents how our campus can pass along kindness this fall. Posters, announcements and an article later in the week can help with ideas.

HS GIRLS SOFTBALL
    Any HS girls interested in joining softball may sign up outside the athletic office.

SAT
    The registration deadline for the next SAT was Nov. 6. The test will be held on Dec. 6.

ACT SCHEDULE
    The next ACT test will be Dec. 13. The registration deadline was Nov. 7. If students are looking for a test prep option, please contact Michelle Warkentin in the academic office or at [email protected] for more information.

CREATIVE WRITING CLUB
    If you enjoy writing, the Creative Writing club meets in room 603 every Monday during lunch. This club is available to JH and HS.

WRITING LAB
    If you have trouble writing essays or any other papers, there is a writing lab in room 624 every Tues. and Thurs. from 3-4:30 p.m. This opportunity is available until Dec. 11.

FRESNO PACIFIC PLAY
    Fresno Pacific University will be putting on the play Truth and Reconciliation from Nov. 13-15, 20-22 at 8 p.m. The performance will be in the Severance Building at the California Arts Academy. For more information, click here.

MESSIAH SING ALONG
    The 38th Annual Messiah Sing Along will take place on Nov. 30 at 3 p.m. at the First Presbyterian Church. The event will take place in the FPC Sanctuary. There is limited seating, so it is recommended to arrive an hour early.

DRAMA
    Drama will be performing The Gift of the Magi on Dec. 8 from 7-8:30 p.m. in the Student Ministry Center. The HS Choir and band will be performing during the play and in between scenes. The story is about Jim and Della, who are very poor, but rich in love. Their efforts to buy each other a Christmas present will remind all of us of our true blessings.

COLLEGE TRIP
    The annual college trip has been postponed until next semester on March 3-4, 2015. It is open to all CSF members and students (10th-12th grade) with a GPA of 3.5 or higher.

SPORTS MEMBERSHIP PASSES
    The athletic deptartment will be selling FCS sports membership passes starting Sept. 2. Click here for more information. Individual passes: $125. Family passes (admits up to 4 people): $275. The passes are valid for FCS home football, basketball and volleyball games, excluding CIF foundation games and playoffs. Contact Jon Penberthy via email or phone at 559.299.1695, ext. 108, for more information.

SPORT EVENTS DRESSCODE
    All school students must be in dress code at all school sports events, both on campus and at away games. Students who are out of dress code will be asked to change clothes and may be required to leave the event if they are unable to comply.

PHOTOJOURNALISM
    If anyone is interested in photography and has a free 3rd period please talk to Kori Friesen about joining Photojournalism. She can be contacted at [email protected].

LUNCH MENU
    Lunches may now be selected online. Go to the Fresno Christian website, select Campus News, and scroll down until the lunch menu is visible. Under the menu the option “Submit your lunch request” will appear. You may then select what you want for lunch!

No bills over $20 are accepted.

Monday – No lunch scheduled
    Tuesday – No lunch scheduled (No school)
    Wednesday – No lunch Scheduled
    Thursday – JH Leadership; Chick-fil-A; Chicken sandwich, fries and drink
    Friday – HS Leadership; Pacifica Pizza; Personal Pizza

Monthly lunch calendar

Click to submit lunch requests.

STUFF MART
    Stuff Mart, the student store, is open every day during the 10 minute break. It is located at the south end of the top floor in building six. Snacks and some school supplies are available for a nominal cost. Check it out today!

FOLLOW THE FEATHER ON TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, AND FACEBOOK
    The Feather Online continues to tweet each school day up-to-date news and happenings. All students, parents and community supporters need to do is sign up for an account and follow @thefeather on Twitter on Instagram and on Facebook

To follow on Twitter:

The Feather (www.thefeather.com) – @theFeather
    Fresno Christian School – @FresnoChristian
    Fresno Christian Sports – @FCEaglesSports
    Fresno Christian Music Department – @FCSMusicdept
    Fresno Christian Athletic Department – @FCSportsAD
    Fresno Christian PE – @FCEaglesPE

THIS WEEK IN SPORTS
    Nov. 12 — HS Cross Country WSL Championship @ Riverdale, time of event TBA
    Nov. 13 — JH girls soccer vs Kings Canyon MS 3 pm on FC north field
    JH boys soccer @ Kings Canyon MS 3 pm. Dismiss 1:45 pm
    JH boys basketball @ Kings Canyon MS 3 pm. Dismiss 1:45 pm
    HS volleyball playoff.
    The FCHS varsity volleyball team hosts Immanuel HS in a Division 5 playoff game this Thursday night. The game will start at 6:30 pm in the FC gym. Because this is a CIF event, all CIF entry fees apply: $6 adults, $4 students (with ID cards) and seniors. Only CIF playoff passes and CIF lifetime passes will be accepted. All Fresno Christian issued passes are invalid for this game.
    Nov. 14 — HS football @ Kings Christian HS (Lemoore) CIFCS/CSL Championship at 7 p.m.

DATES TO REMEMBER

November–
    Nov. 10-14 — World Kindness Week
    Nov. 17 — Beginning of Yes We Can Food Drive
    Nov. 20 — 8th grade Reagan Museum trip
    Nov. 26-30 — Thanksgiving break
    Nov. 30 — 38th Annual Messiah Sing Along at First Presbyterian Church, 3 p.m.

December–
    Dec. 5 — Elementary Drama in North Lobby Chapel 7 p.m.
    Dec. 12 — Half Day
    Dec. 8 — Drama performance of Gift of the Magi, featuring HS choir in Student Ministry Center 7 p.m.
    Dec. 9 — Elementary Christmas Program in People’s Church Auditorium 7 p.m.
    End of Yes We Can Food Drive
    Dec. 15 — Christmas break begins

January–
    Jan. 5 — Return from Christmas break