Announcement: 2011-04-07

SCHEDULE FOR APRIL 7 – APRIL 9, 2011

THURSDAY
    Chapel ? Ground Zero ? 12:10 p.m.
    Lunch ? Subway sandwich ? 12:40 p.m.

FRIDAY
    Lunch ? China Bistro teriyaki chicken ? 12:35
    Track ? Yosemite Mountain Invitational ? 2 p.m.
    Softball vs. Tranquillity ? Tranquillity ? 4 p.m.
    Baseball vs. Tranquillity ? Tranquillity ? 4 p.m.

SATURDAY
    Sadie Hawkins ? Meet at FC ? Arrive around 5 p.m., begins 6 p.m.

GIRLS SOCCER
    Sophomore sweeper Ashley Erickson was one of 11 high school soccer players who earned All-West Sequoia League First Team honors, March 31. The list was published in The Fresno Bee’s sports section. For more information, check out Erickson earns 1st Team All-Star honors and read the Girls’ soccer sport shorts, 2010-11.

SEYMOUR AWARD
    Congratulations to senior Austin Ward, who won the California Scholarship Federation (CSF) Seymour Award, April 2. He was one of 10 finalists for the award, and, after a day of interviews at the CSF conference at University of California, Merced, he was presented with the scholarship award. Check back to The Feather for a full article on the conference later today.

TENNIS CANCELED
    The high school boys’ tennis match that was scheduled for April 7 in Firebaugh has been canceled. It is rescheduled for May 2.

SPANISH CLUB
    There will be a Spanish Club meeting, April 7, at lunch in Room 603. Members who took the Easter card home to finish, please bring it completed. The task at the club meeting will be to put the Easter baskets together to be delivered, April 17.

FIRST SOFTBALL GAME
    The first FC softball game will take place at home vs. Tranquillity at 4 p.m., April 7. All are welcome to come and support the team.

SADIE HAWKINS
    Sadies will be held April 9. Students who have signed up and purchased their tickets (tickets are $35.00) should arrive at the school by 5 p.m. for pictures. They will then leave by bus to River Park for dinner and a movie. (Bring money for dinner and movie snacks.) After the movie, it is off to Cal Skate by bus for skating until midnight. Students should be back at school by 12:30 a.m.

CLASS SCHEDULES
    If you were not able to select classes for next year during your English class, you may do so at home. If you decide to take this route, be sure to turn in your signed course selection form to IT Director David Martens. If you need assistance with selecting classes, or have difficulty in selecting the classes you wish, please see Martens or Academic Adviser Molly Sargent.

GRAD ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Extra graduation announcements are available in the office for $1 each. Please come by if you need more.

CHEER TRYOUTS
    Cheer clinic and tryouts for next year’s teams will be held on April 11-14, 3 p.m. to 4:15 p.m. in the FC Gym. Please pick up a packet outside the HS office. You must attend the clinic April 11 through 13, prior to tryouts on April 14. Junior high tryouts will take place first, followed by high school. If you have any questions, contact Natalie Doutie.

MATH FIELD DAY
    Math Field Day will be held April 16 at California State University Fresno. See Mike Fenton for details and signups.

SAT SPRING TEST DATES LOOM
    Register now for the May 7 test by April 8. Late registration will be taken until April 22. Register for the June 4 test by May 6. Late registration will be taken until May 20 by mail and May 23 by phone. The cost for each test ranges but is at least $50. Please visit the College Board’s website for more information.

PARKING PASSES
    Reminder: All students who have a first semester parking pass must renew it for second semester by Monday, Jan. 31. Give your $10 renewal fee to Mrs. Dooley in the High School Office. Beginning Feb. 1, students who have not renewed their pass will have it revoked.

NOTICE: SCOOTERS NOT ALLOWED
    Scooters are not allowed on the Peoples Church campus or inside any buildings. The only places where scooters are allowed to be ridden are the parking lots. Violation of this rule will result in scooters being confiscated. Scooters will only be returned to parents.

CSF TUTORING
    If you ever need help with your school work, don’t forget to come to CSF tutoring on Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students continue to sell muffins, croissants and vitamin water every morning for $1 each. They are sold outside Building 6 from 7:15-7:50 a.m. The proceeds benefit instrumental and choral groups.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

APRIL
    April 8 — SAT registration date for May 7 test
    April 9 — Sadies
    April 14-17 — JEA/NSPA National HS Journalism Convention ? Anaheim
    April 16 — Math Field Day
    April 18-25 — Spring Break
    April 20 — Town Hall Lecture Series: Christopher Buckley ? Saroyan Theatre

MAY
    May 4 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon
    May 4-6 — AP Exams administered
    May 6 — SAT registration date for June 4 test
    May 7 — SAT administered
    May 9-13 — AP Exams administered
    May 17-18 — Senior finals
    May 19-21 — Senior trip ? Los Angeles
    May 24-26 — Final exams
    May 25 — Graduation rehearsal
    May 25 — Senior awards chapel
    May 26 — Yearbook signing party ? Ground Zero
    May 26 — Commencement ? Peoples Church Sanctuary