Announcement: 2011-04-29

SCHEDULE FOR APRIL APRIL 29, 2011

FRIDAY
    Lunch ? Sandwich ? 12:35 p.m.
    Brother to Brother off-campus lunch ? 12:35 p.m.
    Track Reedley Invitational ? Reedley ? 3:30 p.m.
    Baseball vs. Riverdale ? Home ? 4 p.m.

GOLF TEAM
    Congratulations to the golf team for winning the league championship for the fourth year in a row. Individual congratulations to juniors Jeff Roseth and Tyler Zaentz and senior Tim DeGroot, who currently stand first, second and third in the individual competition. Thanks to coach Jeff Hopper for another successful year on the team.

BASKETBALL INTRAMURALS
    There will be basketball intramurals May 2, 3 and 6. Sign up in front of the high school office in teams of three. Only one varsity basketball player per team and at least one girl per team.

STUDENT LEADERSHIP
    For those students interested in being on next year’s student leadership, there will be applications available in Room 608. Next year there will be four representatives from each class, who are appointed through interviews. There will also be four members to represent the entire student body. These students must to be future juniors or seniors and will have elections as well as go through an interview. Applications for class representatives are due by May 4 and applications for Associated Student Body members are due April 28.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT AUDITIONS
    All music department intention and audition sheets should be returned to Michael Ogdon today. Auditions are being set up for May 4 through 6.

SPORTS PHYSICALS
    Sports physicals will be held in Rooms 602 and 604, on May 10 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All high school students involved in sports, elementary youth football players and all cheerleaders are required to have a physical. Dr. Gonzalez will again be providing this service to our students at the cost of $25. Forms will be available that night for athletes to sign. Make checks payable to Dr. Gonzalez. If you have any questions contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic department (299-1695 ext. 123). Please take advantage of this service.

CSF LUNCH
    There will be a California Scholarship Federation (CSF) off-campus lunch May 11. Be sure to sign out in the high school office. Please have your membership card when you sign out in the office. Be on time when you return.

LIBRARY BOOKS
    Notice from the Library Media Center (LMC): All items checked out from the LMC are due on or before May 13. There is a $30 fee for each item that is not returned. All items must be returned or fees paid before students can take their finals.

MATH FIELD DAY
    Congratulations to junior high and high school students who participated in Math Field Day at California State University, Fresno, April 16. FC received first place in the small school division for both junior high and high school, second place overall for high school and first place overall for junior high.

WORSHIP TEAM AUDITIONS
    If you have a love of worship, an enthusiasm for music, and a passion for Christ, you are invited to audition for a spot on next year’s worship team. The FCS worship team prepares and leads all chapel worship times. They also are involved in serving in the local community with their musical gifts. Members of the worship team meet daily to rehearse, prepare, and study. Class members receive Bible credit for their participation.

The team is looking to fill a variety of positions on the team, including:
    — Vocalist
    — Guitar (both acoustic and electric)
    — Bass
    — Keyboard
    — Tech crew (both audio and video)

The audition process:
    — Request a character reference from a Fresno Christian teacher (forms available)
    — Sing and/or play a prepared worship song of your choice
    — Participate in a brief interview with the audition panel
    — Interview with a current student team member

Auditions will be held during the first week of May. See worship team instructor David Martens or music director Michael Ogdon to schedule an audition time and receive a character reference form.

PARKING PASSES
    Reminder: All students who have a first semester parking pass must renew it for second semester by Monday, Jan. 31. Give your $10 renewal fee to Mrs. Dooley in the High School Office. Beginning Feb. 1, students who have not renewed their pass will have it revoked.

GRAD ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Extra graduation announcements are available in the office for $1 each. Please come by if you need more.

NOTICE: SCOOTERS NOT ALLOWED
    Scooters are not allowed on the Peoples Church campus or inside any buildings. The only places where scooters are allowed to be ridden are the parking lots. Violation of this rule will result in scooters being confiscated. Scooters will only be returned to parents.

CSF TUTORING
    If you ever need help with your school work, don’t forget to come to CSF tutoring on Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students continue to sell muffins, croissants and vitamin water every morning for $1 each. They are sold outside Building 6 from 7:15-7:50 a.m. The proceeds benefit instrumental and choral groups.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

APRIL
    April 20 — Town Hall Lecture Series: Christopher Buckley ? Saroyan Theatre

MAY
    May 4 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon
    May 4-6 — AP Exams administered
    May 6 — SAT registration date for June 4 test
    May 7 — SAT administered
    May 9-13 — AP Exams administered
    May 17-18 — Senior finals
    May 19-21 — Senior trip ? Los Angeles
    May 24-26 — Final exams
    May 25 — Graduation rehearsal
    May 25 — Senior awards chapel
    May 26 — Yearbook signing party ? Ground Zero
    May 26 — Commencement ? Peoples Church Sanctuary