Announcement: 2011-05-04

SCHEDULE FOR APRIL MAY 4 – 6, 2011

WEDNESDAY — Half-day schedule
    AP Tests ? 8 a.m.
    Golf ? WSL 18-hole ? 10 a.m.

THURSDAY
    AP Tests ? 8 a.m.
    Chapel ? Ground Zero ? 12:10 p.m.
    Cinco de Mayo lunch ? 12:40 p.m.
    Softball vs. Caruthers ? Caruthers ? 4 p.m.

FRIDAY
    AP Tests ? 8 a.m.
    Lunch ? Qdoba chicken tacos ? 12:35 p.m.
    Baseball vs. Caruthers ? Caruthers ? 4 p.m.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT
    At the Heritage Festival in Anaheim, April 28-30, the FC music groups brought home three silver awards, two gold awards, two second place awards and one first place award.

The junior and senior high school choral department will present their last home concert of the year, May 9. The concert will be held in the GL Johnson Chapel. Students need to be on site at 6:15 p.m., and the performance will begin at 7 p.m.

SENIOR SHOWCASES PORTFOLIO AT ARTHOP MAY 5
    After years of developing her artistic skills, senior Hannah Joseph has been given the opportunity to showcase her art and photography at her own ArtHop today (May 5) from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Her exhibit is located at Fulton’s Folly Antique Collections on Olive and Fulton Street. There, visitors are welcomed to view and purchase Joseph’s pieces.

Joseph is the second FC student to have her own booth at the biweekly Fresno event. In June of 2010, Jamie Meadows, ’93, presented her work at ArtHop within the Paul Mullins Studio in downtown Fresno.

For more information, read Gigi Thao’s May 4 Feather article, “ArtHop to feature aspiring photographer.”

SLICK ROCK FINALISTS
    Congratulations to the video productions class members who qualified in the first cut for the Slick Rock Film Festival: Freshmen Tanner McKeand and Nick Baladjanian and sophomore Matthew Jenkins for their 5-minute comedy, “The Loudmouth Mime,” sophomore Jordan Boudreau for his music video, and sophomores Rachel Quiringand Jessica Healy for their music video. The Premiere Cut winners will be announced May 14. The 2011 Slick Rock Festival is presented by the Tulare County Suicide Prevention Task Force.

STUDENT LEADERSHIP
    For those students interested in being on next year’s student leadership, there will be applications available in Room 608. Next year there will be four representatives from each class, who are appointed through interviews. There will also be four members to represent the entire student body. These students must to be future juniors or seniors and will have elections as well as go through an interview. Applications for class representatives are due by May 4.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT AUDITIONS
    Auditions for band, jazz band and vocal ensemble are being set up for May 4. Audition slots have ben assigned and the list is posted at both the high school office and the music suite.

CINCO DE MAYO
    For the Cinco de Mayo lunch, the Spanish Club has invited Mariachi Tenochtitlan back to perform. They will be playing during lunch at the Ground Zero quad. Students are encouraged to wear Mexican attire for the event. In addition, Danny Ibarra will sing one of his favorite songs for us. Get your enchiladas order quickly to join in on the performance.

SPORTS PHYSICALS
    Sports physicals will be held in Rooms 602 and 604, May 10 from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. All high school students involved in sports, elementary youth football players and all cheerleaders are required to have a physical. Dr. Gonzalez will again be providing this service to our students at the cost of $25. Forms will be available that night for athletes to sign. Make checks payable to Dr. Gonzalez. If you have any questions contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic department (299-1695 ext. 123). Please take advantage of this service.

DRAMA PERFORMANCE
    The high school drama department invites everyone to attend their production of the play, 12 Angry Jurors. Performances are May 13 at 7 p.m. and May 14 at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Admission is for FC students and staff $3, other students and senior citizens $4. General admission is $5. Come early, as seating is limited.

JUNIOR CLASS
    Milne Photography will be here May 9 for a mandatory meeting with the junior class at lunch in Room 621.

CSF LUNCH
    There will be a California Scholarship Federation (CSF) off-campus lunch May 11. Be sure to sign out in the high school office. Please have your membership card when you sign out in the office. Be on time when you return.

LIBRARY BOOKS
    Notice from the Library Media Center (LMC): All items checked out from the LMC are due on or before May 13. There is a $30 fee for each item that is not returned. All items must be returned or fees paid before students can take their finals.

MATH FIELD DAY
    Congratulations to junior high and high school students who participated in Math Field Day at California State University, Fresno, April 16. FC received first place in the small school division for both junior high and high school, second place overall for high school and first place overall for junior high.

WORSHIP TEAM AUDITIONS
    If you have a love of worship, an enthusiasm for music, and a passion for Christ, you are invited to audition for a spot on next year’s worship team. The FCS worship team prepares and leads all chapel worship times. They also are involved in serving in the local community with their musical gifts. Members of the worship team meet daily to rehearse, prepare, and study. Class members receive Bible credit for their participation.

The team is looking to fill a variety of positions on the team, including:
    — Vocalist
    — Guitar (both acoustic and electric)
    — Bass
    — Keyboard
    — Tech crew (both audio and video)

The audition process:
    — Request a character reference from a Fresno Christian teacher (forms available)
    — Sing and/or play a prepared worship song of your choice
    — Participate in a brief interview with the audition panel
    — Interview with a current student team member

Auditions will be held during the first week of May. See worship team instructor David Martens or music director Michael Ogdon to schedule an audition time and receive a character reference form.

PARKING PASSES
    Reminder: All students who have a first semester parking pass must renew it for second semester by Monday, Jan. 31. Give your $10 renewal fee to Mrs. Dooley in the High School Office. Beginning Feb. 1, students who have not renewed their pass will have it revoked.

GRAD ANNOUNCEMENTS
    Extra graduation announcements are available in the office for $1 each. Please come by if you need more.

NOTICE: SCOOTERS NOT ALLOWED
    Scooters are not allowed on the Peoples Church campus or inside any buildings. The only places where scooters are allowed to be ridden are the parking lots. Violation of this rule will result in scooters being confiscated. Scooters will only be returned to parents.

CSF TUTORING
    If you ever need help with your school work, don’t forget to come to CSF tutoring on Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students continue to sell muffins, croissants and vitamin water every morning for $1 each. They are sold outside Building 6 from 7:15-7:50 a.m. The proceeds benefit instrumental and choral groups.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

MAY
    May 4 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon
    May 4-6 — AP Exams administered
    May 6 — SAT registration date for June 4 test
    May 7 — SAT administered
    May 9-13 — AP Exams administered
    May 11-12 — Senior project presentations ? Room 621
    May 17-18 — Senior finals
    May 19-21 — Senior trip ? Los Angeles
    May 24-26 — Final exams
    May 25 — Graduation rehearsal
    May 25 — Senior awards chapel
    May 26 — Yearbook signing party ? Ground Zero
    May 26 — Commencement ? Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 27 — Grades 9-11 award ceremony
    May 27 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon