Announcement: 2011-05-20

SCHEDULE FOR APRIL MAY 20, 2011

FRIDAY
    Senior trip
    Lunch ? DiCiccos pasta ? 12:35 p.m.

MAY FINAL SCHEDULES
    With the school year winding down, the campus administration has released a finals schedule for seniors and 9th-11th grade students. This also includes the events leading up to FCS’ 30th graduation, May 26. Additionally, a May year-end schedule has been republished in The Feather, outlining events for the FC community.

BASEBALL PLAYOFFS
    Congratulations to the baseball team for winning their first game in the playoffs, May 18. The team will be traveling to Caruthers for the quarter-finals, May 20. Game time is 4:30 p.m. Since this is a CIF playoff, all attendees must pay admission. Ticket prices are: Adults: $5; Students (K-12) $4; Seniors (65+) $3.

STOCKTON ON ABC 30
    FC’s new athletic director, Dan Stockton, will be interviewed about the school’s athletic department on ABC 30 at 6 p.m., May 23.

LIBRARY NOTICE
    All items checked out from the Library Media Center are due now. There is a $30 fee for each item that is not returned. All items must be returned or fees paid before students can take their finals.

SLICK ROCK
    Congratulations to sophomore Jordan Boudreau, who won Best of Show at the Slick Rock Student Film Festival, May 14, for his music video, “Welcome Freshman.”

CSF SCHOLARSHIP
    California Scholarship Federation (CSF) awards one or more scholarships each year to deserving graduating seniors who are life members of CSF and active in our chapter. If you would like to apply for this cash award, please see Molly Sargent to pick up an application. The applications are due May 23.

FACULTY, STAFF SCHOLARSHIP
    Seniors: Applications for the faculty/staff scholarship are now available in the office. The deadline for submission is May 23. A teacher reference is required, as well as a short personal statement. Please see Molly Sargent if you have any questions. Applicants must be a graduating senior at FC, must have been enrolled at FC for a minimum of three years, must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5, must be involved in a local church and must demonstrate Christian character at school, home and in the community.

LIBRARY BOOKS
    Notice from the Library Media Center (LMC): All items checked out from the LMC are due on or before May 13. There is a $30 fee for each item that is not returned. All items must be returned or fees paid before students can take their finals.

PARKING PASSES
    Reminder: All students who have a first semester parking pass must renew it for second semester by Monday, Jan. 31. Give your $10 renewal fee to Mrs. Dooley in the High School Office. Beginning Feb. 1, students who have not renewed their pass will have it revoked.

NOTICE: SCOOTERS NOT ALLOWED
    Scooters are not allowed on the Peoples Church campus or inside any buildings. The only places where scooters are allowed to be ridden are the parking lots. Violation of this rule will result in scooters being confiscated. Scooters will only be returned to parents.

CSF TUTORING
    If you ever need help with your school work, don’t forget to come to CSF tutoring on Wednesdays after school, 3:15-4:15, in Room 621.

MUSIC DEPARTMENT SELLS MUFFINS
    Music department students continue to sell muffins, croissants and vitamin water every morning for $1 each. They are sold outside Building 6 from 7:15-7:50 a.m. The proceeds benefit instrumental and choral groups.

BELL SCHEDULES
    A complete listing of the bell schedules for the 2010-11 school year is available at this link.

DATES TO REMEMBER–

MAY
    May 17-18 — Senior finals
    May 19-21 — Senior trip ? Los Angeles
    May 24-26 — Final exams
    May 25 — Graduation rehearsal
    May 25 — Senior awards chapel
    May 26 — Yearbook signing party ? Ground Zero
    May 26 — Commencement ? Peoples Church Sanctuary
    May 27 — Grades 9-11 award ceremony
    May 27 — Half-day: School dismissed at 12 noon

AUGUST
    August 15 — First day of school