Announcement: 2011-10-07

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR OCT. 7

Friday
    Lunch ? Pulled pork sandwich, pilaf, salad and cupcake ? 12:35 p.m.

LOST AND FOUND
    All of the items currently in lost and found will be given to Rata High School Oct. 7 if not claimed before then.

I.D. CARDS
    Students must remember to bring their school I.D. cards to home football games to enter for free.

FIFTH QUARTER
    There will be a fifth quarter, Oct. 7 on the FC softball field after the high school football game. All students are invited to come and bring their instruments to enjoy a night of s’mores, hot chocolate and fellowship.

HOMECOMING DRESS-UP DAYS
    Mon. Oct. 10: Pajama Day
    Tues. Oct. 11: Scrabble Day
    Wed. Oct. 12: Decades Day
    Thurs. Oct. 13: Tribal Day
    Fri. Oct. 14: Spirit Day

GRANDPARENTS DAY
    Grandparents of elementary through high school students are welcome to come and visit their grandchild’s class from 9:30-11:45 a.m., Oct. 21. Following the class visits will be a free luncheon in the Peoples Church gym for the students and their grandparents.

FRESNO FAIR PARADE RESCHEDULED
    High school band, percussion, colorguard and junior high band will be marching together in the Big Fresno Fair event 1st Annual Big Band Review. The parade starts at 3 p.m., Oct. 12 and parade viewers may sit in the grandstands.

SPANISH CLUB
    There will be no Spanish Club meeting, Oct. 7. The Spanish Club members nominated for an officers position must have their application filled and recommendation form done by Molly Sargent, Oct. 12. All membership forms and fees are also due by Oct. 12. The next meeting will be Oct. 14. Please bring a song in Spanish if students want to suggest a theme.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., California Scholarship Federation will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office and call 559-299-1695 ext. 123 or 124.

GIRLS TENNIS
    Girls tennis players may sell an F.C.S. Booster to help pay for their athletic fees. The sale would pay for a racquet, a uniform and supplies. Please talk to Coach Stockton in the Athletic Office if students are interested.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONORS PROGRAMS
    Fresno City Community College and Willow International Community College both have honors programs available to qualifying students. Those would like to attend two years of community college and experience challenging classes with the promise of UC admission, see Molly Sargent for more details.

FAMILY PICNIC
    All FCS families are welcome to attend the “We Are One” family picnic, Oct. 23 from 2-5 p.m. Food and beverages will be provided, but please bring a dessert for the cake walk and a case of beverages for the concession donation drive. Bounce houses, face painting, games and food will all be held on the North Field.

PSAT
    The practice SAT (PSAT) will be administered on campus in the Peoples Church Gym from 8 a.m. – 12 p.m., Oct. 12. Sophomores and juniors must sign up and pay the $13 fee in the high school office by Sept. 21. All freshmen will be taking the PSAT free of charge as a part of a nationwide study for the College Board, the administer of the PSAT and SAT. Those who are are in ninth grade and do not wish to participate in taking the PSAT, please let Molly. Sargent know immediately. All students grades nine through eleven are encouraged to take this preparatory exam for the SAT. See or contact Sargent for more information.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are now available for $25. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet.

FRESNO STATE SCHOLARSHIP
    Seniors, if you are interested in attending California Scholarship Federation, in the fall and believe that you may qualify for a President’s Scholarship from the Smitcamp Family Honors College, please see Molly Sargent for application details.

FOOTBALL PLAYERS NEEDED
    Attention all high school male students: The football team needs 14 students to be on the Eagle Scout Team. Students must weigh at least 125 lbs. The players will run the opposing teams of offense and defense on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

All members must be fully dressed out for all six home games and prepared on the sidelines with the team. If players attend all games, including away games, they will receive the Eagle Scout Team Award at the Annual Fall Awards Banquet in December. Coach Stockton has adopted this Scout Team Idea from the Notre Dame rise to power many years ago.

MOMS AND DADS CLUBS
    The Moms and Dads Clubs’ first major responsibility this year will be organizing the concessions and activities for the home football games (High school and Youth/Pop Warner). We are looking for volunteers to help with admissions, ticket sales, barbecuing, concessions, fifty/fifty giveaway, setup and clean up. The high school home games will be on Friday evenings. Youth football games will be Saturday afternoons. We would like to have the setup done and concessions going about an hour before the game, and start winding down by the 4th quarter.

High school game dates are: Oct. 7, 14, 28 and Nov. 11. Youth game dates are: Oct. 1 and 8.

We are also looking for donations for the concessions. Listed below are several items we would greatly appreciate. They can be dropped off at the main office or the athletic office at FC.

Bottled Water (cases)
    Gatorade (20 oz cases)
    Sodas (canned cases)
    Napkins, paper plates, plastic utensils, paper cups, paper bowls.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Lisa Dooley in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125

DATES TO REMEMBER–

OCTOBER
    October 14 — Homecoming
    October 19 — Half day
    October 21 — Grandparents Day

NOVEMBER
    November 11 — Veterans Day, no school
    November 16 — Half day
    November 23-25 — Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    December 14 — Half day
    December 16 — First semester ends, half day

JANUARY
    January 9 — Second semester begins