Announcement: 2011-10-14

WEEKLY ANNOUNCEMENTS FOR OCT. 14: HOMECOMING WEEK

HOMECOMING DAY
    Friday–Rally Schedule
    Lunch ? Sandwiches ? 12:35 p.m.
    King Pageant and Dance ? Ground Zero main ? 2:30 p.m.
    Homecoming festivities begin at 6:45 p.m.
    Football game: Eagles verses Riverdale Cowboys ? 7:30 p.m.

HOMECOMING DRESS-UP DAYS
    Mon. Oct. 10: Pajama Day
    Tues. Oct. 11: Scrabble Day
    Wed. Oct. 12: Decades Day
    Thurs. Oct. 13: Tribal Day
    Fri. Oct. 14: Spirit Day

ADVENTURE P.E.
    All students who signed up for the Adventure P.E. surfing trip must turn in their $30 and paperwork by Oct. 14.

SPANISH CLUB
    There will be no Spanish Club meeting, Oct. 7. The Spanish Club members nominated for an officers position must have their application filled and recommendation form done by Molly Sargent, Oct. 12. All membership forms and fees are also due by Oct. 12. The next meeting will be Oct. 14. Please bring a song in Spanish if students want to suggest a theme.

PIE DONATIONS
    The concessions booth will be serving pie at the Oct. 14 football game and would gladly appreciate donated pies.

I.D. CARDS
    Students must remember to bring their school I.D. cards to home football games to enter for free.

SISTER2SISTER
    There will be a Sister2Sister training meeting with Hallie Rojeski in Room 628, Oct 17 at 12:35 p.m.

BROTHER TO BROTHER
    There will be a Brother to Brother training meeting with Terry Richards in Room 629, Oct. 17 at 12:35 p.m. The next off-campus lunch for big and little brothers will be Oct. 19 at 12:40 p.m.

CHESS CLUB
    A new club will be starting up every Sat. called The Fresno Chess Club – Scholastic Chess. All students kindergarten to 12th grade are welcome to come and improve their game. The first meeting will be Oct. 22 in the FCS Music Suite from 1-4 p.m., free of charge.

DINNER FUNDRAISER
    There will be a dinner fundraiser at BJ’s Restaurant in Fashion Fair, Oct 24 from 6 to 10 p.m. Flyers will be available soon and will be needed to fundraise for FCS.

PLAN TEST
    The Preliminary ACT test will be administered in the Peoples Church Gym Nov. 9, 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. The PLAN test is in preparation for the ACT All students ninth though eleventh grade are encouraged to take this test, free of charge. Sign up before Oct. 28 in front of the high school office.

GRANDPARENTS DAY
    Grandparents of elementary through high school students are welcome to come and visit their grandchild’s class from 9:30-11:45 a.m., Oct. 21. Following the class visits will be a free luncheon in the Peoples Church gym for the students and their grandparents.

CSF TUTORING
    Every Wed. at 3:05 p.m., California Scholarship Federation will be providing tutoring in Room 621. Help will be offered for free in all school subjects and all students are welcome to come.

FAMILY PICNIC
    All FCS families are welcome to attend the “We Are One” family picnic, Oct. 23 from 2-5 p.m. Food and beverages will be provided, but please bring a dessert for the cake walk and a case of beverages for the concession donation drive. Bounce houses, face painting, games and food will all be held on the North Field.

CLUB LUNCHES
    Any clubs and teams interested in earning money may fundraise a lunch on a Friday to raise money. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office and call 559-299-1695 ext. 123 or 124.

GIRLS TENNIS
    Girls tennis players may sell an F.C.S. Booster to help pay for their athletic fees. The sale would pay for a racquet, a uniform and supplies. Please talk to Coach Stockton in the Athletic Office if students are interested.

COMMUNITY COLLEGE HONORS PROGRAMS
    Fresno City Community College and Willow International Community College both have honors programs available to qualifying students. Those would like to attend two years of community college and experience challenging classes with the promise of UC admission, see Molly Sargent for more details.

SPIRIT PACKS
    The school spirit packs are now available for $25. Each pack includes a Nuthouse T-shirt, lanyard and bracelet.

FRESNO STATE SCHOLARSHIP
    Seniors, if you are interested in attending California Scholarship Federation, in the fall and believe that you may qualify for a President’s Scholarship from the Smitcamp Family Honors College, please see Molly Sargent for application details.

FOOTBALL PLAYERS NEEDED
    Attention all high school male students: The football team needs 14 students to be on the Eagle Scout Team. Students must weigh at least 125 lbs. The players will run the opposing teams of offense and defense on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays.

All members must be fully dressed out for all six home games and prepared on the sidelines with the team. If players attend all games, including away games, they will receive the Eagle Scout Team Award at the Annual Fall Awards Banquet in December. Coach Stockton has adopted this Scout Team Idea from the Notre Dame rise to power many years ago.

MOMS AND DADS CLUBS
    The Moms and Dads Clubs’ first major responsibility this year will be organizing the concessions and activities for the home football games (High school and Youth/Pop Warner). We are looking for volunteers to help with admissions, ticket sales, barbecuing, concessions, fifty/fifty giveaway, setup and clean up. The high school home games will be on Friday evenings. Youth football games will be Saturday afternoons. We would like to have the setup done and concessions going about an hour before the game, and start winding down by the 4th quarter.

High school game dates are: Oct. 14, 28 and Nov. 11.

We are also looking for donations for the concessions. Listed below are several items we would greatly appreciate. They can be dropped off at the main office or the athletic office at FC.

Bottled Water (cases)
    Gatorade (20 oz cases)
    Sodas (canned cases)
    Napkins, paper plates, plastic utensils, paper cups, paper bowls.

SPORTS FEES
    All sports fees are due before the athlete will be allowed to participate in a game. Please contact Michelle Regnerus in the athletic office with any questions. 299-2695, ext. 123

ATTENDANCE CALLS
    Parents, be sure to call Lisa Dooley in the junior high/high school office when your kids are going to miss a day of school. The telephone number is 299-1695, ext. 125

DATES TO REMEMBER–

OCTOBER
    October 14 — Homecoming
    October 19 — Half day
    San Joaquin Valley Town Hall: Jeffrey Toobin
    October 20 — Adventure P.E. to Coswells Beach, Santa Cruz
    October 21 — Grandparents Day
    October 23 — “We Are One” FCS Family Picnic on North Field
    October 26 — Ensemble, Celebration Choir at Fresno City College

NOVEMBER
    November 9 — PLAN test administered
    November 11 — Veterans Day, no school, Band marches Veterans Day Parade
    November 16 — Half day
    San Joaquin Valley Town Hall: Andrew Ross Sorkin
    November 23-25 — Thanksgiving break

DECEMBER
    December 14 — Half day
    December 16 — First semester ends, half day

JANUARY
    January 9 — Second semester begins