In-Service: Maintenance as required

Last July, I bought a 2006 Toyota Corolla, because of its great gas mileage and superior value. It is fun driving along the freeways where I have gotten an amazing 38-MPG. There is room for five people and the trunk can hold all of my tennis gear with room to spare.

I did not buy the car to take it to the mechanic. I don?t like all the hassle involved in getting rides to school and other places while my car waits in line at the Toyota dealership. Whenever the ?maintenance required? light comes on, I take my beloved blue Toyota in as soon as possible. It is not fun; but if I want my car to run smoothly and last a long time, I must pay attention to the warning lights.

I went into education because I love teaching and kids. Like other teachers, I feel I am responding to a calling from God in response to His gifting in my life. I want to teach young people about life, and about the Giver of Life, Jesus. That?s why I?m here at Fresno Christian School.

I did not get into education to write curriculum and work on ESLR?s, Expected Student Learning Requirements. In college I wasn?t dreaming about getting my teaching credential, getting a teaching job, and then going through half-day faculty in-services. I was more excited about getting my first teaching job and meeting my students.

The FCS staff meets on a regular basis because we have learned this is what it takes to keep our school running smoothly and efficiently. Just like my Toyota needs constant care and attention, so does Fresno Christian School. I am thankful that we don?t wait for the ?check engine? light to come on before we step into action.

George Freeman is an assisant principal and has taught for 26 years on campus. He also just finished his 18th season as the girls’ varsity tennis coach.