Deli Delicious refines palate

A new hotspot for sandwich fans has surfaced, taking the form of the new craze, Deli Delicious.

Though one may assume Deli Delicious to be a stereotypical delicatessen, the restaurant has a secret hidden behind the conservative atmosphere.

True to its namesake, the food is proven delicious. The deli presented me with the best sandwich to my recent memory, recreating all previous deli standards.

The family-owned restaurant holds five different establishments in Fresno and Clovis. Owners Muhammad and Dora Hobob both traveled from Persia for a new life. Leaving behind their restaurant in Persia, the Hobob family opened their first Deli Delicious on Blackstone. The restaurant has remained open for 18 years and continues to flourish.

I planned ahead for a full meal at Deli Delicious, skipping breakfast to increase my appetite. Though I usually opt for a more refined dinner when going out, I looked forward to finally stepping into the popular eatery.

The deli is set up much like a cafeteria, with all of the tables placed in a row. The coloring inside of Deli Delicious is decidedly plain with taupe, beige and gray tones. With granite counter tops and bright, fluorescent lighting, it was clear the deli’s purpose focused on good food rather than the d