So-Cal tour showcases band

With two upcoming concerts and a tour of Southern California, the band prepares to present their music to the public. They also plan to incorporate time at Disneyland, where they anticipate hanging out with friends on favored attractions at the famous theme park.

Before going to the southern excursion, the junior high and high school concert and jazz bands hope to display their talent at a concert, April 22. The concert will be held in the FC gym at 7 P.M. Tickets cost $5 and benefit the upcoming band and color guard trip.

?The purpose of the concert is to raise money for the spring trip to Los Angeles,? Jimmy Loomis, band director, said. ?We are raising money to help those who cannot afford the trip.?

After competing in the San Joaquin Valley Color Guard and Percussion Review, the winter guard plans to perform their show ?Don?t Wake Me Up? for fellow students and parents at the same concert.

?It will be a chance to perform for those we know and for them to support us,? Sarah Barnett, ’10, color guard captain, said. ?It will be a relief for the color guard, because people are coming to watch us and we are not being judged.?

Both the band and winter guard plan to travel to the Los Angeles area and showcase their talent at various locations from April 25-27.

?The band has worked so hard this year to represent the school with dedication and pride,? Loomis said. ?They deserve a reward for their time and effort. My hope is that this will be a fun and rewarding experience for all who have dedicated so much this year.?

During the trip, the concert band will participate in the Biola Invitational Wind Band Festival at Biola University. Andrew Biehler, ’08, cherishes this final high school band trip before attending college.

?I think it is going to be fun,? Biehler said. ?We are playing some new songs and I really like them. I?m sad that this is going to be my last year in high school, but I plan on playing the baritone sax at Fresno Pacific University.?

In addition to their performance at Biola University, the jazz bands will display their talent on the Long Beach Pier.

On the second day of the trip, the band plans to relax and bond while riding famous attractions at Disneyland.

?I am so excited to go on the band trip,? Frank Daniel, ?11, said, ?because we get to go to Disneyland. That place is so amazing!?