Seniors celebrate final hurrah

The graduating class of 2008 celebrated their final hoorah together, May 17-19. Although the five-hour bus ride may have tired some students, the three-day excursion offered a range of activities and opportunities for memories.

After the first day consisting of travel and shopping, the seniors participated in a three-hour murder mystery dinner at the Kula Sushi Bistro in Santa Monica. The performance challenged students’ as either actors or problem solvers.

Although Walter Scott and Anita Rahman schemed with the cast prior to the trip, a professional actor casted as a detective called on various students from the FC-filled audience to solve the staged murder.

“I was so nervous,” Rahman said. “I never scream, so it was really weird for me, but I had a lot of fun. My classmates said I did a good job. Plus, it was kind of neat to act out my murder and have a fake knife stick out of my chest.”

The class ventured to the Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim’s stadium the next morning. The 90 degree heat exhausted many, however, baseball enthusiasts appreciated the major league game, while still contributing to class bonding.

“I really enjoyed watching the game, even though I am a (San Francisco) Giants fan,” Anthony Wilson said. “The Angels dominated, but the (Los Angeles) Dodgers still put up a good fight.”

Students had a freer range of activities while at the bon fire at Huntington Beach, May 18. Even though few students braved the water, many ate s’mores and mingled on the shore playing frisbee, truth or dare or talking in small groups.

“It was really fun to spend a night on the beach with the whole class around a fire,” Daniel Kaiser said. “It was also fun to just enjoy hanging out with everyone for one last time before graduation.”

For the last portion of the trip, the senior class spent the entire day at Disneyland, before returning home.

?I had a lot of fun spending time with my friends at Disneyland,? Andrew Biehler said. ?My funniest memory was when Fuji (David Fujihara) had to sit on Anthony at the Matterhorn because they thought single riders were not allowed.?

With random reminiscences from the trip ranging from Claire Kister dancing alongside street performers to Ryan Brunn flushing his phone down the toilet, the senior class managed to build final memories one last time before the walk down the isle, May 23.

“I thought it was one of the most fun (senior) trips I’ve ever been on and one of the easiest to supervise,” Molly Sargent, English teacher said. “Everybody was cooperative had a good attitude.”