• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Track members qualify for finals

Thoughts of winning the championship filled Nikki Hill’s, ’02, mind as she raced neck and neck with her competitor from Immanuel, Natalie Friesen, ’04, during the 100m at the West Sierra League Championship on May 2. Despite the fact the Hill placed second in the race, the girls managed to take fourth place and the boys took sixth place.

“I am very happy that I made it to the championships because this is my last year attending the school,” Ryen Austin-Brown, ’02, said. ” Everyone has improved greatly this track season and has made it very fun for me.”

Austin -Brown qualified for the Sierra Sequoia championships in the 100 hurdles, long jump, and triple jump.

“I really looked forward to the meet and I think our team will do really good because we have worked hard are whole season, Katie Ettner, ’05, said. ” Not only have we had a good hard working season but it was lots of fun.”

Ettner qualified in the triple jump and 4 by 100m relay. The students who qualified all agree that they are looking forward to the meet.

” I am really excited about qualifying and I think we have capability to place in the top five,” Michelle Nachtigall, ’04, said. ” This has been a great season and I think everyone has improved a lot since we started.”

Nachtigall qualified for the 300m hurdles and the 4 by 100 relay.

“I am really happy that I qualified because in the beginning of the year my goal was to run better than a 53 seconds in the 400m,” Rusty Tucker, ’04, said. ” I am glad I did track and next year I plan to do better than a 52 seconds.”

Tucker qualified for the 400m. Qualifying for the championships has been an especially good experience for seniors preparing to graduate.

“I am very surprised I made it this far. Its an awesome way to end my senior year.” Kristin Rigby, ’02, said. ” We have done really well as a team this year I will really miss it.”

Rigby qualified for the 2 mile.

Additionally nine students qualified for the Sierra Sequoia Championship May 9 in Sanger.” “” “” “” “” “