• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Couples test personal knowlege in Dating Game

Four couples chatted behind a chalkboard as Casey Belmont, ’02, and Allison McIntyre, ’02, explained the “dating game” to the student body in the May 14 assembly. Seniors Samantha Kimball, Oliver France, Rachael Ensom, Anthony Pellouso, Rachel Boik, Kristina Nunez, Jon Wills and junior Sam Fisher were chosen to participate in the game.

“It was interesting to see how well they knew each other,” Dori Richardson, ’05, said. “It was kind of cute to see.”

The couples were split up and asked questions about the other, including: “What was your last date described as?” and “Who’s in control of the relationship?” to which every boyfriend answered, “Her.” Yet, at least one participant did not like the questions.

“I thought the game was horrible,” France said. “I knew answers to questions they didn’t have the guts to ask.”

However, France’s view on the game did not reflect all of the participants’ opinion.

“I was a little nervous about being in the game,” Kimball said, “but it ended up being a lot of fun. Sam and I were doing pretty good until Sam stopped thinking. I still like him though.”

After all questions were asked, host and hostess Belmont and McIntyre asked the couples questions originally intended as tiebreakers.

“I thought it was too long,” Clarissa Lackey, ’03, said. “They should have stopped after six questions, then there should have been something else with it.”

Winners Wills and Nunez were announced when game was finished.

“I had a lot of fun participating in the dating game,” Wills said. “Casey and Allison came up with some good questions, but some of the questions were set up to try and get the guys in trouble. I guess that makes it more interesting.”

Nunez and Wills walked away with a $25 gift certificate for Macaroni Grill.

“I thought the game was ridiculous,” Greg Tharpe, ’04, said. “You don’t have to tease the audience by giving your peers a gift. I really think next time they play a game they should consider the whole school, especially Greg Tharpe.”

The dating game was a part of Spirit Week, organized by Student Leadership to involve students and allow opportunities for spirited fun that caters to the non squeamish.