Seniors travel to San Francisco

After a week of finals and four years of academic work, the senior class will be traveling west to San Francisco on their senior trip, for a time of celebration and relaxation from May 28-June 1.

“For the last couple of years the senior class has gone down South to Los Angeles and the surrounding area,” Casey Belmont, ?02, student coordinator said. “So this year we decided to do something different. San Francisco had more new things to offer own class.”

In a period of five days, the seniors will also spend time at the beach, including: a including a beach bonfire on the Santa Cruz Boardwalk, shopping, attending a Giants and Diamondbacks baseball game at PacBell Stadium, enjoying American food at the California Pizza Kitchen, viewing the hit Les Miserables and will stop at Great America amusement park on the way home.

“It’s going to be one of the last times that we, as a class, are going to be together,” Jennifer Jesser, ?02, student coordinator, said. “It’s going to be a time of reflection, sharing and making some last memories.”

There are 81 seniors enrolled on campus this year but only 75 will attend the trip.

“I am so excited because I get to go to San Diego and with 70 of my closest friends,” Nikki Hill, ?02, said.

Before setting out for fun, the senior class will most likely be going to Mt. Hermon to complete their final required service project in high school. Although, they are uncertain about what they will be doing, many are hoping it will involve playing with or helping out elementary kids.

“We thought an outreach close to home would be more meaningful to our class,” Belmont said.

However, not every senior will be able to join in on the fun. Students who have failed more than one class will not be permitted to go.