• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Christian nightclub draws youth to Tower District

Neon lights and loud music excite everyone when they first enter the Elementz Christian Nightclub in the Tower District. Hair lights up and glows, clothes turn different colors, and energy from the band gets the crowd pumped.

“It was so much fun, everyone accepts you for who you are,” Brandon (Candyland) Cain, ’06, said. “But I would like it better if they had more bands that I like.”

Kids jump around, mosh, and rock out to bands like Gonehazel, Absent Stone and many others.

“We love to play at the Elementz, the environment is so welcoming. I love Fresno people,” Ryan Smith, bassest from Gonehazel, said.

To keep kids increasingly active while at concerts, the Elementz also sells an energy drink called Rock Star. With lots of sugar in their system, concert-goers have an added bonus while listening to bands.

“I love the energy drink,” John Wilborn, ’03, said. “It gets me pumped to have more fun.”

With energy from bands, the Elementz, off of Olive and Wishon, always takes time to tell everyone about God. It is not only a place to hear Christian bands, but to take non-Christian friends and lead them to Christ.

“The best part is being able to worship God,” Christa Williams, ’05, said. “While listening to awesome bands.”

Energy and loud music doesn’t change the fact that some kids would like to change some things about the Elementz.

“I would like there it to be more kids and less parents,” Erica Mclntyre, ’04, said. “All the kids are always dead, they need to wake up and be more alive.”

The manager of Elementz was not available for comment. For concert dates, call the Elementz at (559) 487-1070.

For more information about the band Gonehazel, log on to www.Gonehazelmusic.com.