A letter from the editor

I am the editor-in-chief of The Feather, and usually these articles are addressed to me. However, I would like to send this letter to the staff of The Feather Online.

Dear staff:

Upon inheriting The Feather from Chelsea Joy last year, I looked towards the school year with a heavy, tired weariness and many sighs. After three years on The Feather already, I felt exhausted ? as all of you know, The Feather is exhausting.

However, I had one last year to achieve the goal I’d set for myself as a freshman: to become the editor-in-chief, and to win an win an Online Pacemaker from the National Scholastic Press Association.

This began a year-long process in which I alternately looked forward to and dreaded the beginning of competition season.

Throughout the year, I paced up and down the aisle of the computer lab, ranted about late articles and enforced stringent deadlines. I know I struck fear into some of your hearts, and also sometimes made you very angry.

However, now that the year is almost finished and we have indeed won a Pacemaker, I see things in a different light. Although I have the longest title on the staff, I know I would have gotten absolutely nowhere without all of you.

Your perseverance and enthusiasm are truly the reasons for the new plaques that hang on our wall, from the Gold Crown to the Pacemaker. I am sure that I have learned more from you than the reverse.

I want to thank every single writer, editor, technology and photographer for their daily contributions. When you open The Feather on your web browser, I hope you understand the size of your accomplishment: you have created a masterpiece.