ArtHop promotes Fresno creatives

On the first and third Thursdays of every month, the Fresno Arts Council presents a free event for the community: ArtHop.

ArtHop invites artists — including photographers, painters and other creatives — to come together and showcase their work. More than 80 studios, galleries and museums participate in the event, according to the program’s website.

The upcoming ArtHop will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. in downtown Fresno. For a list of venues, check out the Fresno Bee’s article.

The event is open to the community for people of all ages. Junior Lizzie Williams says she appreciates the arts and hopes to attend.

“My Bible study leader works for one of the galleries participating in ArtHop, so I am interested in the event,? Williams said. ?I love art, and people undervalue the culture we have in Fresno.”

Photographer Paul Mullins, the owner of Mullins Photography, has displayed his work at ArtHop venues for the last six years.

?I have been participating in ArtHop because it’s a part of supporting the community,? Mullins said. ?It is a way for more people to get into the ground roots of art. Plus, there is little cost, and it’s open free-of-charge to people.?

Every month Mullins chooses a new theme for his photography. He says he likes to share his work with the public.

?Part of this is that every month we are able to be in a location where lots of galleries are,” Mullins said. ?I want to share my film with others. On this Thursday, I want to inspire people to enjoy nature and landscapes through my pictures of the High Sierra Lakes.?

K-Jewel radio station has hosted ArtHop in its gallery and has participated in the event for the last year and a half.

“We host it [ArtHop] because we like to promote the cultural arts,” Chris Gentile, K-Jewel employee, said. “All of the art is from local artists and local bands.”

For more information on community events, read the Oct. 5 article, Grand Armenian Festival celebrates harvest.