• 3/20- Econ Fair @ lunch
  • 41st Annual FCS Auction begins online March 8-13
  • 3/22 - High School Spring Formal

Seniors retreat to Calvin Crest

Bonding builds as seniors prepare for the last year of their high school career. Good memories will be built as the seniors spend a weekend in the seclusion of Calvin Crest camp with many outdoor activities such as climbing, swimming, free time and worship.

“I am very excited about the senior retreat,” Colby Hunter, ’03, said. “It will give all of us seniors a chance to get to know each other better. I think that our friendships will either grow or become worse but most likely we will all become better friends.”

In the past many relationships during the senior retreat have built up and bloomed not torn down.

“When my brother went on the retreat last year he came back having established a friendship with a guy he had never been friends with before,” Christopher Haydock, ’03, said. “And he is still friends with this guy to this day. It’s going to be a great opportunity to just relax and get away with our friends.”

The retreat not only gives the students a new look at each other but also shows a different perspective on the teachers that attend.

“I like the students to see me as a regular person not the person in charge,” Molly Sargent, dean of women, said. “The adults are not there to enforce rules. We are there to run activities. Even if the last three years of their high school life have been bad, every senior deserves a wonderful senior year. This retreat gives the seniors a chance to get to know everybody a little better and get a different perspective on people.’

While being on the trip, seniors from last year came to realize there were many people within their class they never established a relationship with over their high school career.

“Last year on senior retreat while being there I realized how many people were in my class that I never had a real conversation with,” Sam Babcock, ’02, said. “The senior retreat is so much fun I hope that this year all of the seniors become closer as a class, have a lot of fun and make memories they will never forget because this is there last year of high school.”

Younger siblings whose older brothers and sisters previously attended the retreat are also looking forward to it because of the stories they have heard.

“I can’t wait until next year when I can go on the senior trip,” Kathrine Babcock, ’04, said. “Last year my brother went on it and when he came back there were so many stories of all the fun things that happened with him and his friends. I think that on the trip memories will be made.”

This time is not only about fun and games but also a time of spiritual growth.

“It gives the seniors a chance to come together and worship,” Christopher Schultz, head student activities director said. “There is free time, teambuilding activities and worship. It’s like the senior trip. It’s a privilege that no other class has. Kids should look forward to this before being seniors.”

Overall most of the seniors are looking forward to this trip with hopes of coming back more unified and with many memories.
” “Patricia Hill, Photographer” “While the senior trip was packed with activity, many took the opportunity to ride the flume during free time on Sept. 28-29 at Calvin Crest. Here David Pohl flips upside down while Whitney Counts, Megan Gable, Austin Livingston, Kara Moser and Brent Kilgore look on.” “” “” “