Paige Armstrong-Maltos, '10, passes away

UPDATE, Jan. 10: The funeral service for Paige Armstrong-Maltos will be held in the Fresno Christian Gym, located at 7280 N. Cedar Ave, on Jan. 15. The service will begin at 10:30 a.m.

According to Concordia’s press release, “a memorial fund for Armstrong-Maltos has been established. Gifts to the memorial fund can be made online at alumni.cui.edu/donations/.

“Checks to the fund can be made out to ‘Concordia University Foundation’ with ‘Paige Armstrong-Maltos Memorial Fund’ indicated in the memo line and mailed to 1530 Concordia West, Irvine, CA 92612-3203. Further details about the fund will be posted once available.”

Original article

The Feather regrets to inform its readers that on Jan. 9 alumna Paige Armstrong-Maltos, ’10, passed away in an automobile collision in Concordia, CA.

The accident occurred at around 4 a.m., according to her mother, when Armstrong-Maltos and friends were returning from San Diego to Concordia University, in Irvine.

Armstrong-Maltos, 18, was a freshman at Concordia, where she played basketball and was majoring in kinesiology and child psychology.

On campus, Armstrong-Maltos was a star Eagle basketball player, playing on the varsity team with Coach Josh Tosland for all four years of high school. She was recognized as MVP of the West Sequoia League after her team won the Central Section Division V Championship, held at Selland Arena in March 2010.

She is survived by her mother, Pamela Martens; her father, Rick Maltos; her stepfather, Tom Martens; her sister, Carly Martinez, 28; and her brother, Ian Maltos, 21.

The funeral for Armstrong-Maltos will be held in Fresno, her mother said. Information on the memorial service will be available in the coming days.

The Feather staff offers its condolences to the families affected and encourages readers to leave messages for the families through the comments section below.

For more information, read the Fresno Bee’s article, Former Fresno Christian basketball star dies, or Concordia’s press release, Concordia?s Paige Armstrong-Maltos Dies in Auto Accident.