Homecoming activities highlight week

Across the country, nervous students with butterflies raging in their stomach will anxiously await the announcement of Homecoming queen. In preparation for Homecoming on campus, each class is preparing floats while campus leadership is preparing a whole week of activities beginning Oct.14.

“Homecoming is a stressful week to put together,” Christopher Schultz, student activities director, said. ” It takes a lot of people to make it work but the enjoyment and excitement that comes from the student body is worth it.”

Schultz, along with Eunie McEntee, have been in charge of Homecoming for six years. McEntee is the overseer of Friday night and Schultz supervises the activities leading up to Homecoming.

“We have a lot of creative ideas, this year the king pageant is being hosted differently this then previous years’,” McEntee said. “Everyone has been working diligently on their floats; the sets and costume, are working out well with their themes.”

Preparation for Homecoming takes a lot of thought and organization to make it successful. Schultz prays, plans and divides student leadership into groups for each day of the activities.

“Homecoming week is always a lot of fun for the student body but it takes a lot of preparation towards it,” Sara Damm, ’03, said. “Leadership class puts a lot of energy into the weeks events but in the end its really rewarding.”

For instance, each day has a different theme such as: character day, adventure day, Small-small word/ethnic day, and royalty day.

“I am really excited for being nominated,” Lisa Bolduc, ’03, said. “It really does not matter who wins because we are all really good friends and all the candidates are really cute.” Bolduc is one of five senior nominations.

For the first time in school history student leadership is creating a new element in the king pageant.

“I have not witness previous pageants but this one sounds like so much fun,” Cody Petrie, ’03, said. ” The whole survivor element makes it sound so much more exciting.” Petrie is one of the 15 candidates that was nominated but only five will survive for the last round.