Adventures in Anaheim, Day 2 (99 PHOTOS)

Given a day to themselves in Anaheim, CA, adviser Greg Stobbe and 13 representatives of The Feather staff toured Disneyland Resort, April 14, before attending the Journalism Education Association/National Scholastic Press Association Spring National High School Journalism Convention, April 14-17.

After eating an early breakfast, the delegates departed from their hotel — the DoubleTree Guest Suites — at 7:45 a.m. and walked to a nearby bus stop. Although they accidentally boarded an Orange County Transportation Authority bus instead of the more conventional Disney shuttle, the group was able to successfully make it into Disneyland.

Once inside, the members filled their day with as many Disney attractions as possible, visiting popular and classic rides such as the Matterhorn Bobsleds, Indiana Jones Adventure, Space Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean.

Toward the end of the afternoon, The Feather staffers broke for dinner at Rainforest Cafe in the Downtown Disney District, a strip of shops and restaurants that borders the Disneyland Resort Hotels.

With only a few hours left before the park would close, the group returned one last time via the Disneyland Monorail. From there, the members split up in order to meet everyone’s demands and cover the park to a greater extent.

To conclude their visit to Disneyland, the delegates reconvened in Main Street to view the “Remember … Dreams Come True” Fireworks Spectacular, which began at 9:30 p.m. The 15-minute pyrotechnic show told a story involving Disneyland attractions and popular Disney franchises, such as Peter Pan and Star Wars.

The slideshow below contains 99 photos documenting the group’s second day of the Anaheim trip. Check back the next day for a report and a slideshow on the group’s experience at the convention.

For the previous day’s report, check out
Adventures in Anaheim, Day 1 (36 PHOTOS).