LETTER: President reflects on 2010-11 school year

It?s weird to think that this year is almost over and that the senior class is finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. This has been a year that I think our class will remember for a lifetime.

Sure, we’ve had some rough patches like our unsuccessful football season and losing a sister with the passing of alumna Paige Armstrong-Maltos, ’10, but we have also had so many great times and memories. Some that come to mind are winning the Central Section DV title in basketball or having fantastic school events through Night of the Stars and Sadie Hawkins.

There are so many people to thank for all of our success this year, but I think a huge part is our leadership class. I was blessed enough to be president of this class and help plan events and show my faith through others. I definitely wish I could have changed things like ?reaching for the sky” more when it came to ideas, but I think I did a big part in helping people build relationships and get through tough times. Despite this, I would be no where if it were not for my friends, family and, most of all, God.

I strongly encourage upcoming seniors and leadership students to take my advice on a few things. First off, don’t focus on trying to please every single person, as it is impossible and it will only stress you out. Second, when you and your peers are struggling with something, take time for contemplation, giving it to God and letting him work in what has planned for you. Lastly and most importantly, take advantage of every single day! Make sure that, when you leave high school, you have no regrets and you know you went 100 percent in everything you did.

God really has blessed me with amazing classmates and amazing teachers who don?t just care about my grades but also care about me as a person. I will never forget the people here and this amazing school that has taught me to become a better Christian and a better man for the upcoming real world. God brought me to this school in seventh grade for a journey where I had no idea what was coming, but he knew exactly what his plan was. It really has been great meeting so many new people and having life long memories. I could not ask for a better senior year.

Thank you to my friends, my family, all the senior’s parents and The Feather staff for having an outstanding year. This is my last article for the year and I thank you all for giving me this chance! God bless and live everyday like it is your last by taking full advantage of it!

For more letters to the editor, read the March 31 submission, LETTER: Thanks from student leadership.