BRIEF: Fifth Quarter to be held tonight

In celebration of the first home football game, the student leadership team will hold a Fifth Quarter immediately after the game.

Unlike previous Fifth Quarters, this event will be held in the FC Gym tonight until about 11:30 p.m..

The leadership class encourages all students to attend. By holding the event at school they hope to give each student the opportunity to attend, even if they cannot drive.

Pizza and drinks will be provided. The entrance cost will be $5 for students and $10 for non-students. Football players will get in free of charge.

Leadership member Jessica Healy, ’13, wants the whole student body to attend and join in, encouraging the football team in addition to spending time with one another.

“The more people that attend the more fun we will have,” Healy said. “I have never been to a Fifth Quarter myself, but I’m excited to go. We will have food and be able to talk about the game with the players. It really shows school support by gathering together to celebrate the first home football game.”

After putting work into the preparations, rally commissioner Kristen Rosenthal, ’13, hopes to see the student body united in celebration.

“I hope a lot of students come to the Fifth Quarter because I think it will unify our school,” Rosenthal said. “When we win tonight it be a good celebration for the football players. We will be celebrating with the entire student body in one place to show our team support.”

Some students, like sophomore Eric Cowin, look forward to the chance for fellowship with their peers.

“I’m going to Fifth Quarter because I know a lot of my friends are going to be there,” Cowin said. “It also gives me chance to meet new people. I hope a lot of kids go because you get a better feel for the school by being involved.”

For more news, read the Sept. 8 article, BREAKING: ASB announces homecoming ideas.