BRIEF: 40th annual ClovisFest lifts off, Sept. 20

[/media-credit] As this week is coming to an end, Clovis will welcome the weekend with open arms with the 40th annual ClovisFest and Hot Air Balloon Fun Fly.

As this week is coming to an end, Clovis will welcome the weekend with open arms with the 40th annual ClovisFest and Hot Air Balloon Fun Fly.

The inflation of the 8-10 hot air balloons will begin around 6:15 a.m., making them ready for lift off by 7 a.m.

Aside from the balloons, which will be set up at the Clovis Rodeo Grounds, there will be many more activities open to the public, all weekend long.

These activities include feasting upon a vast selection of culturally diverse foods, shopping among more than 200 booths and listening to live performances from artists like Richie Blue, 51 Aces, Night Heat and many more.

This fest is open to people of all ages and has elements that pertain to all cultures. Junior, Kevinjit Garcha, who attended ClovisFest last year, shared his thoughts on the event.

“I went to ClovisFest last year and it was pretty cool,” Garcha said. “I love Indian food and there was an awesome booth set up that sold really good chicken curry. I am looking forward to going again this year and getting some more of that curry.”

Senior Tyler Dondlinger has been to Clovisfest now for many years. He enjoys the booths and activities, as well as the various types of foods.

“I have attended Clovisfest for six years now,” Dondlinger said. “The first time I went I had a lot of fun and every year since I’ve anticipated all the attraction. My favorite part is probably the kettle corn just because you can’t buy any that good in regular stores.”

If anyone wishes to attend this weekend, it is free for all ages and begins at 8 a.m. (7 a.m. to watch balloons) and runs Saturday and Sunday on the corner of Pollasky Ave. and Bullard Ave. in Old Town Clovis.

For more information call (559) 299-7363 or check out the event hosts, the Clovis Chamber of Commerce.

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be via Twitter: @namoodnhoj.

For more news, read Sept. 18 article, BREAKING: Student leadership announces homecoming theme (UPDATE).