BREAKING: Seniors, candidates highlighted at homecoming

Blaring music, cheering crowds, colorful floats and sparkling dresses lit up the FC football field during homecoming, Oct. 14. This was the second homecoming on FC turf. Under the theme, “It’s Game Time,” the high school students of FC presented floats depicting various board games, and the royal court of peer-nominated individuals were introduced and crowned.

When it came to the floats, the juniors placed fourth with their black and white rave-like interpretation of Chess, the freshmen took third with a bright portrayal of Life, second went to the sophomores, who took on a faithful depiction of Monopoly, and seniors took home first place with an elaborately-designed float of Candy Land.

During the halftime festivities, the homecoming princess, queen and king nominees were introduced to their crowds. After each pageant throughout the week, students had a chance to vote for their favorite nominee. The winners were announced at halftime.

The freshman princess was Sabrina Henderson, the sophomore princess was Chloe Duerr and the junior princess was Theresa Perez. For the senior class, the princess was Morgan Childs, the queen was Brooke Stobbe, and Brady Lee was crowned king.

“The fact that my student body and peers chose me to represent them, in way, is quite the honor,” Stobbe said. “So many girls would love to wear the tiara and get all dressed up, so I’m so appreciative. When my name was announced I was surprised at first, but when people started cheering, I just felt so blessed and I couldn’t wait to start giving people hugs!”

In addition to traditional homecoming awards and winners, FC claimed another win with the football team’s victory of 23-12 over Riverdale.

Check back to The Feather soon for a full-length feature and more photos of homecoming night. A full football game review will be added soon in the Football sport shorts.

For more information on homecoming, read the Sept. 8 article, BREAKING: ASB announces homecoming ideas.