Volleyball sport shorts: Alpaugh (VIDEO)

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2011–
(For the previous game, check out the Volleyball sport shorts: Parlier. For more information on FCS sports, visit the Fresno Christian Athletics Web page.)

Check out the 2011 schedule and stay up to date with stats and standings at Maxpreps’ Eagles’ volleyball home page. FC is currently 9-4 and 6-2 in the West Sequoia League as of Nov. 8. The No. 4 Eagles will next travel to Lemoore to take on the No.1 Kings Christian Crusaders.

VOLLEYBALL, 2011

EAGLES DEFEAT ALPAUGH, 3-0–Nov. 7.
The Eagles played Alpaugh High School, Nov. 7. The Eagles won all three sets consecutively: 25-12, 25-6, 25-5.

Head coach Jeff MacNeil says that although they won against Alpaugh without much effort, playing against Kings Christian is going to be a harder match. He is also proud of the girls for rallying all three games.

“Alpaugh had their positive moments,” MacNeil said. “But our girls rallied every game to play better volleyball than the game before. As a coach, that is always an encouraging thing to see. Our challenge now is to come out on Wednesday with the same intensity and determination.”

According to sophomore Annaleah Madison, she is satisfied that the team won their first playoff game. But she is nervous for the upcoming game since it is going to be a harder match.

“Last night, we all thought the game was really easy,” Madison said. “And kind of boring at the same time. But we tried to make the best of it. We were excited to win and to be moving up, but also very nervous to play Kings Christian tomorrow.”

Freshman Gaby Siqueiros says that she is confident that the team will win the upcoming games.

“It felt amazing to win our first play off game,” Siqueiros said. “I thought Alphaugh was an easy team compared to all the other teams we played in the past. But it does not matter how easy or hard the other teams. As long as we keep up our work, we will defeat all the teams.”

The Eagles will next travel to Lemoore and play Kings Christian High School.