Family tradition carried out at Cobb Ranch

The morning chill surrounds me and the sweet smell of fresh cinnamon rolls fills my nose. Lush trees of various sizes cover the ground and festive music plays as people eagerly search for the perfect Christmas tree.

After visiting Cobb Ranch with my parents last year, we decided to make it an annual family tradition to find our Christmas tree and spend quality time together.

Due to it only being the second year of our outing, we were especially enthusiastic about driving out to the ranch and looked forward to the special Country Fair Cinnamon Rolls that are sold there.

Upon arriving, we piled out of the car and headed straight to the cinnamon roll booth, where we purchased six soft, frosted rolls, along with delectable cups of coffee and hot chocolate. Once we devoured our delicious treats, we made our way to an assortment of trees.

Douglas, Fraser and Noble trees of diverse sizes stood in multiple isles. All around, workers energetically transferred peoples? selected trees to the ?packing zone,? and strapped the dark green trees to the roofs of cars.

Families carried cheerful smiles on their faces as they gratefully paid for their fresh purchase. Looks of satisfaction covered children and the thoughts of Christmas sparked excitement.

In addition to the different types of trees, Cobb Ranch sells flocked Christmas trees and decorated wreaths. When families were not looking at the variety of choices, two bounce houses were available for kids to enjoy.

Visiting Cobb Ranch reminded me of the multiple opportunities people have to celebrate the Christmas season. Whether it is purchasing trees, walking Christmas Tree Lane, or simply listening to Christmas music the day after Thanksgiving, everyone can take part in the holiday festivities.

Although I usually do not think about participating in the assortment of Christmas activities, I look forward to being involved with church, school and friends this year. The Christmas tree has been purchased, the scrumptious country fair cinnamon rolls consumed and the Michael Bubl