New event highlights individuals, fall atmosphere (VIDEO)

Many students at FC have wondered why all social events are in the second semester, such as Night of the Stars (NOTS) and Sadies. The Student Leadership class has taken this into account and has birthed a brand new event called the Fall Festivus.

Fifty to one hundred students are expected to attend the event next Tuesday. Admission is $10, and tickets may be purchased in the high school office. The event starts at 6:30 p.m. and will run until 10 p.m., Nov. 26.

The first Festivus will be held at the Beal Ranch located at 13179 East Bullard Ave. This venue provides a large open space for activities and scenic views.

NOTS and Sadies have become a tradition at FC; both events promote connection between students in the form of encouraged dates. Instead, the Fall Festivus is for individuals or groups.

Spearheaded by Student Leadership advisor Robert Foshee, Student Leadership has planned a social event that aims to connect the student body while still having fun.

Foshee and Student Leadership want the Festivus to become an annual event and eventually become as big as the two other social events.

There will be a large variety of games and activities promoted by the head of events, Rayna Endicott, ’14.

“The Fall Festivus will have many fun activities for students such as, a movie on a large screen outside, sack races,and bon fires to sit around and converse,” Endicott said. “The goal is to connect the student body and have a social gathering in the first semester of school to enhance spirit and energy.”

Differing from the couple theme of NOTS and Sadies the Fall Festivus is an individual themed gathering. It will be a more casual event that both, and more low key according to Aaron Dewolf, ’15.

“The Festivus is a low key and more casual event that both NOTS and Sadies,” Dewolf said. “But we still want to make it as attractive as both of the other events.”

For more news, read the Nov. 20 article, Home economics assembles nine-foot burrito (VIDEO).

This author can be reached via Twitter: @beal_trevor. Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather.