First night of 'Carol Sing' features FC, local arts (85 PHOTOS)

For two evenings of Christmas entertainment, the FC Gym hosts campus arts in the second annual “Round the Table Carol Sing” concert. With bands, choirs and clubs contributing talents, the second and final concert will take place at 5:30 p.m., Dec. 15.

At the 2010 performance, about 300 people attended, topping the usual 250 from previous years. Groups were seated around tables adorned in Christmas decorations and in rows along the back wall.

The entertainment was spread between nine groups: Jazz Band, Celebration Choir, Adoration Ensemble, “A” Band, Percussion Ensemble, the junior high choir, the American Sign Language Club and a choir from Break the Barriers. Between some songs, members of the drama class read pieces chosen by drama teacher Susan Ainley.

Recognizing the effects on attendance from dividing the show into two nights, Music Director Michael Odgon hopes for an even larger turnout for the second performance. He looks forward to a chance to smooth out the small obstacles, he says.

“I want a more full house tonight,” Odgon said. “Even more people should come. Even people to come back from last night because they thought it was so much fun. But overall, the music sounded good. I just want to get the transitions to run more smoothly.”

Tynin Fries also contributed to this article.

For more information on “Round the Table Carol Sing,” read the Dec. 6 article, Music department stages annual Christmas concert.