Girls' soccer sport shorts: Cowboys come back, win 2-1

GIRLS’ SOCCER SPORT SHORTS, 2011-12–
For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Winter sport box scores, 2011-12, for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.

Be sure to visit the 2011-12 girls’ soccer schedule, home page, or check out Maxpreps.com. FC is currently 1-2 in the West Sequoia League and 5-8-1 overall as of Jan. 18. The Eagles will travel to play Tranquillity on Jan. 20.

COWBOYS COME BACK IN SECOND
HALF, STEAL THE GAME–2-1, Jan. 18

In FC?s first home league game, the Eagles came out hard in the first half, scoring and maintaining control until the beginning of second, in which the Riverdale Cowboys took over and finished on top, 2-1, Jan. 18.

Within the first 30 minutes of the game, junior Brianna Walker carried the ball up the field, crossing it to freshman MacKenzie Devereaux, who scored the first goal of the game.

Despite starting off with high energy and leading the first half, the Eagles let down, allowing the Cowboys to put two goals in during the second half, and resulting in the Riverdale victory.

?I believe that we started off really good at the beginning of the game but towards the end, our focus was off and we weren?t first to the ball,? Kaitie King ?14 said. ?Our minds were kind of distracted and it wasn?t one person?s fault; soccer is a team effort and we didn?t bring it to the game.?

Although FC was unable to pull out a win on their home field, sophomore captain Tynin Fries sees it as a learning experience for the team.

?I know we all really wanted to win on our home field, but we did put up a good fight,? Fries said. ?Even though I wish we would have won, it was a good learning experience for our team. We realized that after the first goal we can’t get too excited, but we have to focus and work together.?

FC will next travel to Tranquillity, Jan. 20. For more information, read the Girls soccer sport shorts: FC defeats Parlier in OT, or check out the Winter sport box scores 2011-12.