FC anticipates State of the School address

As an annual occasion at the school, a debrief will be given by Superintendent Debbie Siebert to update the FC community of its present situation. The State of the School address will be held, Jan. 30.

The proceeding, which will cover such topics as ministry, academics, finances and athletics, will occur in the Peoples Church Music Suite, at 7 p.m.

Principal Todd Bennett remains enthusiastic about the event. He believes it will help the FC community come together as one and unite together for the years to come.

“I think the greatest benefit of this event is the sense of community it will give us,” Bennett said. “It helps parents and students recognize what issues we have and where they need to come together on the problem.”

As for parents’ attendance, Siebert encourages them to become involved in this event to be informed on the school’s state, especially since they contribute a great amount to FC.

“This gives the parents an opportunity to hear what is going on at the school,” Siebert said. “They’re investing their children, money and faith into FC and deserve to know what exactly they are investing in.”

Siebert feels the students should be thoroughly involved in the school and its state of being, as well. She believes that the students should be involved in each other’s lives to recognize their great accomplishments.

“The students should hear what their fellow classmates are participating in,” Siebert said. “They should be more vested in the school to help each other get through the hard times of sports, classes, and faith. No one may know better then their classmates what exactly they are going through because they are in similar situations, school wise.”

Bennett shares similar views to those of Siebert. The address gives the students a sense of involvement in the school and lets them know that the administration respects their opinions, he says.

“I believe students should attend because it lets them recognize the issues circulating throughout our school,” Bennett said. “I expect them to find out as much as they can about the environment here, because after all they do attend school here.”

Senior Nicole Hensley does not see this event as one that immediately relates to her at the moment since she will be leaving the school in a matter of months.

“I’ve been going to FC almost all my life so I feel it would not be necessary for me to go,” Hensley said. “Also, I’m a senior so I’m graduating in a couple of months. Seeing as I won’t be here in a short while I feel this does not pertain to me.”

Although rumors have the ability spread easily, the address gives everyone an opportunity to hear the truth about the school’s situations. Bennett hopes to terminate any false statements that may have come up throughout the year.

“This gives a chance for Mrs. Seibert to give the FCS community accurate information,” Bennett said. “Rumors are often spread throughout our student body which goes to the parents. This gives us a chance to squash any rumors that are floating around.”

Although many aspects of the school were changed due to economical issues, Siebert is very enthusiastic about this semester. She is excited to show the progress the school has made as one body in Christ, she says.

“Instead of feeling worried about changes that needed to be made our school yoked together as one to face them head on,” Siebert said. “I’m enthusiastic about sharing the blessings the Lord has given us and the strength He’s gifted us with to pull through the hard times.”

Those who wish to view the January 2011 State of the School Address can watch the video via Vimeo.com.

For more news, read the Jan. 23 article, SmartMusic tracks student improvement (VIDEO).