BRIEF: FC coach to interview on ESPN (PODCAST)

The Eagle varsity boys’ basketball head coach, Josh Justin, will be interviewed at 4:30 p.m. on ESPN Radio 1430AM, Feb. 3. Justin will be interviewed by Nick Papagini, regarding the FC basketball program and Justin’s job as head coach.

Justin is looking forward to the interview and his chance to speak about his team.

“I am excited to talk about the team and share the great accomplishments we have made this season and last season with the general public,” Justin said. “It is a great chance to promote the team, individual players and the school as a whole.”

Athletic director Dan Stockton supports Justin in the way he leads his team through example.

“I believe he is a great coach and has many great skills that makes him such an excellent leader,” Stockton said. “Coach Josh is a great leader and role model.”

Stockton believes the interview with Papagini will boost publicity for the school.

“I am excited to hear what the two men talk about on the radio show on Friday,” Stockton said. “I believe it will not only help promote the team but also our school.”

Senior Chandler Vargas admires how Justin handles his team’s basketball careers.

“I like the fact that he doesn’t try to yell at us; he is always encouraging us to do our best and pushes us in a healthy Christian way,” Vargas said. “Under his guidance we have won many games and took Valley Champs last year.”

According to Vargas, the compilation of positive qualities has given the team stamina.

“With the strength we have within our players, and through good coaching and of course Christ, I believe that is the main reason we have done so well and will be the reason we will continue to thrive,” Vargas said.

In Justin’s eyes, the interview provides the chance to explain how blessed the team has been this season.

“As a coach I am very proud of my boys, they have been persistent with effort and it definitely has paid off and is shown through our 17 [game] winning streak,” Justin said. “I am very blessed to be a coach of a team with such amazing players.”

The Eagles will next travel to Riverdale to take on the Cowboys, the game will begin at 7:30 p.m. Currently FC is on a 17-game winning streak.

Listen to ESPN1430 live here.

For more information on boys’ basketball, read the Feb. 1 article, Boys’ basketball sport shorts: FC beats Parlier in tough battle (VIDEO).

PODCAST: Riverdale Pregame, Feb. 3, 2012–