BRIEF: FAFSA informational meeting tonight

With the start of each school year, many seniors begin the search for the college they plan to attend after graduation. Oftentimes, however, cost restricts the availability of post-high school options.

The Parent Support Network (PSN) will host a financial aid workshop for seniors and their parents to learn more about the financial aid process and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), at 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Jackie Johnson Room of Building 6, Feb. 6.

Principal Todd Bennett encourages parents and students to attend.

“It is important to know what money is available to students for their college tuition,” Bennett said. “Mrs. [Michelle] Warkentin and Mrs. [Molly] Sargent can answer many questions to a group of people rather than individuals”

According to Bennett, the meeting will inform people of how to complete the FAFSA process.

“Learning how to fill out the forms correctly, to benefit the student would have to be one of the most, if not the most important for students and parents to know,” Bennett said.

According to Assistant Academic Adviser Warkentin, understanding financial aid is a vital component of attending college.

“It is important for al college bound seniors to complete this form because it may be their ticket to receiving financial aid for collage,” Warkentin said. “Students often assume they will not receive finanical aid because their parents make too much money however this is not always the case, several other factors are taken into account besides income.”

For more news, read the Feb. 4 article, BRIEF: Glacier Point to host Super Quiz.