Volleyball sport shorts: Fowler

VOLLEYBALL SPORT SHORTS, 2014
For a preview to the Eagles volleyball season and a look at their scores so far, check out the Fall sport box scores, 2014, for dates, scores, and all fall sports.

Also, please be sure to check out the Eagles’ schedule for the upcoming season at Max Preps. FC is currently 12-7 overall and 0-2 in the Central Sierra League as of Oct. 9. FC’s next game will be on Oct. 9, as the Eagles play a home game against Minarets High School.

[/media-credit] The Eagles hosted their rivals, The Fowler Redcats, in their first league home game and faced defeat, Oct. 9.

FC loses 3-0, hopes for better, Oct. 9

The Eagles hosted their rivals, The Fowler Redcats, in their first league home game and faced defeat, Oct. 9.

The Eagles held their ground with a short lead throughout the whole first match until the last few points when the Redcats made a comeback and won, 23-25.

Head coach Jonathan Penberthy shares his thoughts about the first match.

“I think in the first match, we got off to a hot start, Penberthy said. “Yet once Fowler got a few points our energy and excitement started to deflate, and it was hard to pick up the energy once they caught up.”

The Eagles fought hard in the second match, however they were not able to pull through. Starting off the lead with 5-2, however loosing it yet again, 23-15.

“The first game we got out to a pretty good lead, which was nice, but the lack of communication really showed in the second and third game.” Penberthy said. “It was just the little things that we could have done better.”

The third match was a tough fight for the eagles as well, however the Redcats finished off the eagles, and beat FC 25-19, ending the overall game, 3-0.

“I thought that 90 percent of the game went awesome,” Penberthy said. “The other ten percent we just couldn’t finish out the game. We played very well, and It was our lowest amount of errors. We averaged less than 8 errors per set. We lost by a total of 10 points, which is a lot better than how we have been playing.”

Olivia Quebe, ’16, with nine total kills throughout the game, displays her excitement.

“I really do believe that was one of the best games we have had. I can’t wait to play them again, and show them what we are really made of.” Quebe said. “I think we can work a lot more on communicating, and just keeping up the intensity regardless of the score.”

The Eagles next home game is Thursday, Oct. 16, at 5:30 pm, against the Parlier Raiders.

This writer can be reached via twitter: @ashhasthescoop.