BRIEF: See You at The Pole, Sept. 24

[media-credit id=173 align=”alignright” width=”300″]IMG_0016[/media-credit]Students worldwide will gather for See You at The Pole (SYATP), to pray for their peers, schools, administration, families and nation at 7 a.m., Sept. 24. SYATP will be held in the court yard/quad area, where worship will be led by Collin Winegardern and Ivette Ibarra.

Since 1990, SYATP has been a time set apart where students can come together to worship and pray with one another. The annual event began in Buerlson, Texas as a grass roots movement with only ten students, and now has blossomed into a nationally recognized event.

Leadership Advisor Robert Foshee, shares the benefits of SYATP for FC students and students across the nation.

“I think it is a great opportunity not only to pray as a school, but you’re also connecting with students all over the country that are praying,” Foshee said. “Prayer is important at all times but I think just to see all the students praying together, who normally wouldn’t, is great. We will be coming together to pray for our school and other schools, city and state leaders and our nation’s leaders.”

This year’s SYATP national theme is #keeppraying, which is based out of Ephesisans 6:18. Foshee explains the importance that this verse holds.

“This year’s SYATP theme is #keeppraying from Ephesians 6:18, talking about the power of prayer and how it guides and shows us to seek God in all the things we do,” Foshee said. “I think it’s cool how it’s not just us, but it’s people all over the country that are joining together.”

Olivia Quebe, ’16, looks forward to starting her day bright and early with worship and fellowship at SYATP.

“I think students should come out to SYATP because its a really great way to start your morning,” Quebe said. “The worship is amazing, the fellowship is fantastic and it’s great way to connect with students who you may not see on a regular basis. Im going because it’s a refreshing way to start my day. It’s something different and it’s a way I can start my day with friends that I might not see during the day.”

Freshman Daniel Chandler has not been to SYATP and does not plan on attending this year, due to the early morning schedule which interferes with his sleeping patterns.

“I don’t really know what SYATP is, I know that we pray but I have never actually been,” Chandler said. “I’m not going this year because it’s early in the morning and I would like to sleep in.”

Follow The Feather via Twitter: @thefeather. This writer can be reached via Twitter: @_sarapeterson.

For more news, read the Sept. 18 article, BREAKING: Student leadership announces homecoming theme.