Arcade game linked to site draws interest

For students looking to waste a little time, there is a new opportunity to do just that on the Feather website. Last week, the website featured a new addition, a link to an 80s arcade game site on the left sidebar on every page. The link will rotate to a new game twice a month.

“We’re excited about making this available to students,” Bradley Hart, editor-in-chief of the Feather, said. “Here at The Feather, we realize that students want to do more than just read about events happening around the school, they want to have some fun, too. We’re also hoping that visitors will do more than just play the games, but also check out some of our excellent news, features and sports articles.”

Students around campus are also excited about the addition of games to the website.

“I was really surprised to see the link there,” Christa Williams, ’05, said. “I think it’s a good idea and I enjoyed playing it.”

Students are not the only ones who enjoy the 80s arcade games on the Internet; teachers are excited about them too.

“When I heard about the link to the games site I was floored,” Rod Atchley, campus science teacher, said. “I remember playing asteroids on my Atari and I really enjoyed it. The web version is new and improved!”

According to adviser Greg Stobbe, the reason behind putting the games on The Feather site was sheer fun.

“We’re happy to give students additional reasons to visit our site,” Stobbe said.

Stobbe choose Asteroids because it was one of the oldest and popular games. The Feather staff plans on rotating to such games as: Pac Man, Arkanoid, and Centipede in the future.

“We also hope to add other reasons for students to check out The Feather,” Stobbe said. “Adding games and our Feather poll are two ways to promote interest for our site.”

Recently The Feather added a student poll to the website. Students are encouraged to give their opinion on a variety of subjects. The bimonthly poll is located at the top of the right sidebar above the News Briefs on the home page.