Boys' tennis sport shorts: Eagles earn victory over Fowler

BOYS’ TENNIS SPORTS SHORTS 2011–
(Latest boys’ tennis shorts will be at the top of the section. Scroll down to check out past results. Scrimmages do not count towards win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for boys’ tennis features.). For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Spring sport box scores, 2012 for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.)

There are no additional stats available online for tennis. FC is currently 2-1 overall and 2-1 in the West Sequoia League, March 29. The Eagles host the Riverdale Cowboys, April 10.

BOYS’ TENNIS 2012

EAGLES PROVE TRIUMPHANT AGAINST FOWLER–March 29
FC traveled to face the 2-0 Fowler Recats, March 29. After coming off of a loss to Caruthers, the Eagles were hungry for a win. They executed in singles play and ended up winning, 7-2.

Foshee says that his team improved on their past mistakes. He looks forward to playing Fowler in the future.

“There?s still a lot to improve on but today we saw a difference from last week,” Foshee said. ?I think the next time we play them they will be a little tougher.”

No. 2 singles player Jacob Williams garnered his first singles win of the year. Foshee is glad that the top singles players all won their matches.

“I thought it was really good that the top three set the tone with wins,” Foshee said. “Jacob got his first win at No. 2 which was a big boost for us because we haven’t had a No. 2 win yet.”

No. 1 singles player Brady Lee, 12, defeated his opponent, 8-2, to help his team get he overall victory. Lee enjoyed making relationships on and off the court.

“I had a good time playing out there,” Lee said. “I played against Jaskaran Mann, who I faced last year. He is a cool guy and afterwards I showed magic tricks to him and some other guys.”

The Eagles will next host the Riverdale Cowboys, April 10 and Firebaugh, April 12.

For past coverage, check out the Boys’ tennis sport shorts: FC loses close match to Caruthers (VIDEO).