Boys' tennis sport shorts: Dos Palos slips past Eagles

(Latest boys’ tennis shorts will be at the top of the section. Scroll down to check out past results. Scrimmages do not count towards win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for boys’ tennis features.). For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Spring sport box scores, 2012 for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.)

There are no additional stats available online for tennis. FC is currently 4-3 overall and 4-3 in the West Sequoia League, April 24. The Eagles will next travel to face the Riverdale Cowboys, April 26 .

BOYS’ TENNIS 2012

MUSTANGS GET UPPER HAND AGAINST EAGLES–April 19
After defeating the Fowler Redcats, the Eagles were hoping to get a win against the Dos Palos Mustangs. The Mustangs, who have only lost one match the whole season, proved to be athletic and court-smart. FC made a good deal of unforced errors and ended up losing 4-5, April 24.

So far this season, each of FC?s losses have been 4-5. In this particular match, FC won to singles matches and two doubles matches. Coach Rob Foshee shares his thoughts on the overall match.

“We let one slip again,” Foshee said. “We were right there but I think that match kind of slipped out of our hands. We need to regroup a little bit, come out Thursday and get back on track.”

Specifically, Foshee feels like the team needs to win more singles matches to boost their likelihood of coming out on top.

“We have to win more of the singles,” Foshee said. “We have the guys who can do it. They just need to believe in themselves and follow the game plan.”

Because one of FC?s players was sick, freshman Collin Winegarden got his first taste of playing in a league match. Though he ended up losing his No. 6 singles match 3-8, he was able to get some good experience under his belt.

“I was really nervous,” Winegarden said. “I was hoping I would win. I think I played pretty good but I need to work on not messing up under pressure.”

The Eagles will next travel to face the Riverdale Cowboys, April 26.

For past coverage, check out the Boys’ tennis sport shorts: Eagles outplay Fowler