Baseball sport shorts: Eagles walk over Parlier

BASEBALL SPORTS SHORTS 2012–
(For the previous game, check out the Baseball sport shorts: FC drops Riverdale 12-1. Scrimmages do not count to win/loss record. Visit the Sports Section for baseball features. For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Spring sport box scores, 2012 for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.)

For FC’s 2012 homepage or schedule, check out Maxpreps.com. FC is currently 7-2-1 overall and 2-2 in the West Sequoia League as of April 25. They will next travel to play Riverdale, April 27.

BASEBALL 2012

EAGLES PULL OUT WIN–April 24
FC had previously lost to Fowler, 9-4, April 20, and Caruthers 8-7, April 17, and looked for redemption in the game against the Parlier Panthers, April 24.

The Eagles came out with a punch, keeping Parlier scoreless and tacking on six runs in the first inning, 6-0. The closest the Panthers came was in the fifth, taking the gap down to 9-4. FC answered right back though in the sixth with two more runs to win 11-4 and snap their losing streak.

Senior Tyler Krigbaum, who hit his first home run of the season, says they had intensified their practices for this next game.

“Coming off of a two game losing streak starting with the loss to Caruthers, which should have never happened, the practice leading up to the Parlier game was very focused,” Krigbaum said. “We knew we had to win and also needed to start punishing teams and they happened to be the first in our path.”

First basemen Adam Wood, ’12, says from the last two losses the team knew what to focus on for this game.

“As a team we needed to play better defense, for the pitchers it was to not walk people because that really killed us in the last two games and as always, be more aggressive hitting,” Wood said. “We did most of that well this game except we still had a few guys watch first pitch strikes down the middle, but it was a lot less this time.”

Stats are currently unavailable.

The Eagles will next travel to play Riverdale, April 27.