Golf sport shorts: Eagles continue winning streak

GOLF SPORTS SHORTS 2012–
(Tournament matches do not count toward win/loss record. For the previous match, check out the Golf sport shorts: FC bounces back, wins match. Visit the Sports Section for golf features. For a simple overview of scores and upcoming games, check the Spring sport box scores, 2012 for dates, opponents and times for all Eagle sports.)

For the Eagles schedule and statistics, check out their home page on linksplayers.com. The Eagles are currently 4-7 overall and 3-0 in the West Sequoia League as of April 19. They will next play a WSL league match at Sunnyside Country Club, April 23.

GOLF 2012

EAGLES IMPROVE SCORES–April 19
The Eagles played their third WSL league match at Airways Municipal Golf Course, April 19. Back into the stroke play format, this match began the individual tournament between all players. The top six players after 36 holes are granted with All-League honors.

The Eagles won, FC 220, Riverdale 245, Fowler 290, and Parlier did not post a team score.

Freshman Colby Lee enjoyed the individual competition and the obvious improvement of the team.

“It was a good match,” Lee said. “I can tell that we are all getting better, and I think that it was weird that Chris [Grossman] and I tied, each shooting a 52. Although I wasn’t completely satisfied with my individual performance, I look forward to taking advantage of the next match.”

The Eagles will next play a WSL league match at Sunnyside Country Club, April 23.